BitDefender Antivirus 2009 provides advanced proactive protection against viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and identity theft, without slowing down your PC.
BitDefender is a quickly up-and-coming Internet security brand, which constantly gains attention based on great security products at phenomenal prices.
Although smaller than many of its competitors, BitDefender constantly tops antivirus reviews the world over, proving time and time again that bigger is definitely not always better.
BitDefender is a very light product that is easy both to set up and to use. It will not bug down your computer, like some larger brands (for example Norton) are said to do. When it comes to settings, for most users, the default settings will be more than sufficient. If your needs are more specific, you can easily customize your BitDefender. In the same way, if you want, you can also basically just install BitDefender Antivirus 2009 and forget about it, comfortable that you will always be fully protected.
The BitDefender interface is straight-forward. The main screen will give you a quick overview of the status of your virus protection and thanks to large icons you can see right away if there is a problem; if there is, the normally green icons will turn red. To take care of problems, simply click the Fix This button, or click the specific graphic to get more information.
BitDefender Antivirus 2009 doesn't just protect your computer against viruses, but also against other types of malware, for example Trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware and adware. It also provides full protection against rootkits, which is a new type of hidden threat. Web traffic, email, IMs, etc. are scanned and filtered even before they reach your browser. BitDefender Antivirus 2009 also features a Gamer mode, minimizing protection alerts and resources while you are playing games. Your level of protection, however, will still be intact.
With BitDefender Antivirus 2009 you can great virus and malware protection at only a fraction on the price of many other brands. Save even more when you choose multi-user and multi-year licenses of BitDefender Antivirus.
BitDefender 2009 is sometimes compared to another extremely popular brand, Kaspersky; however, BitDefender doesn’t come with the high price tag that Kaspersky has. Like Kaspersky, however, BitDefender gives you an excellent piece of software with hourly updates, to make sure your antivirus software is as up-to-date as it could possibly be. If you prefer, you can also update the software manually or set it to update at times that you decide.
- Advanced proactive protection - BitDefender Antivirus 2009 doesn't just protect your computer against viruses, but also against other types of malware, for example Trojans, worms, rootkits, spyware and adware. Web traffic, email, IMs, etc. are scanned and filtered even before they reach your browser.
- NEW - Family network security - With BitDefender's new Family Network Security feature you can manage the security of your whole home network from a single location. BitDefender software can be configured remotely, while scans, updates, etc., can be run on-demand or scheduled during off-hours.
- NEW - IM encryption - With BitDefender Antivirus 2009's new instant messaging encryption, you can be sure no outsider can get access to your IM conversations.
- Easy to use - BitDefender Antivirus is perfect for any user. It is very easy to use; you can basically install it and forget about it. Green and red icons in the interface show you the status of your protection. For users with more specific needs, the software is easy to customize.
- Hourly updates - By default, BitDefender 2009 updates every hour to make sure you always have the latest protection for your computer. You can also update your BitDefender software manually or set it to update at times that you decide.
- Low system usage - BitDefender Antivirus 2009 is a light product that doesn't use up your system resources. In addition it scans and updates very quickly. Like BitDefender Antivirus 2008, the 2009 includes a new Gamer Mode, which temporarily modifies your protection settings when you are playing games.
- FREE 24 hour technical support - For your convenience, BitDefender's security experts are available whenever you have a question; even in the
- middle of the night. Phone, email or chat is up to you.
BitDefender Antivirus 2009 supports the following operating systems:
Windows XP with Service Pack 2 (32/64 bit)
Windows Vista (32/64 bit) and Windows Vista SP1
Windows Home Server
* 800 MHz or higher processor
* 256 MB of RAM Memory (512 MB recommended for XP; 1GB for Windows Vista or Windows Home Server)
* 300 MB available hard disk space
Internet Explorer 6.0 (or higher)
.NET Framework 1.1 (available in the installer kit)
Supporting IM (Instant Messaging) Software
Yahoo Messenger v8
Windows Live Messenger v8.5