Sophisticated yet easy to use!
Truck Builder, the sequel to our award-winning Car Builder program, appeals to students in grades 3 through 9 and up.
Teenagers and adults who are fascinated by trucks will enjoy this introduction to computer assisted design (CAD).
Learn to design and enhance problem solving skills
As "design engineers," users build light, medium, or heavy trucks on screen, specifying chassis length, wheel base, engine type, transmission, fuel tank size, suspension, steering, tires and brakes.
All functional choices are interrelated and will affect the performance of the final design. Next, users design the body of the truck, adding specialty frames, color and decorative custom touches.
The Program then tests the truck in a wind tunnel or on a moving belt and around an animated road test track, accumulating data about top speed, cornering ability, torque, acceleration, capacity and braking.
A complete evaluation report is displayed and users can adjust, alter, save and print designs for comparison against future creations.
Truck designs and test results can be printed and stored for later use or modification.
The program features:
- Award-winning, eye-catching, full color illustrations, animations, and graphics.
- Multiple track audio with correct pronunciation, encouragement and rewards.
- Timely navigational instructions.
- Teacher selectable music and audio controls.
- Teacher selectable auto-difficulty leveling.
- Classroom management - students can be identified by name in the program and the progress for each student is separately maintained for later reference by the teacher.
- With Macintosh and Windows versions on each CD-ROM, schools pay one price for both platforms for the life of the product release. This protects the school's software investment during the transition from a single hardware platform to a multiple platform environment.
Minimum System Requirements:
Will run on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista as well as Mac PowerPC or Intel machines with OS X 10.4 or higher. They install directly on the hard drive and after installation, the CD is no longer needed to run the program.