Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
Create Impressive Textures With MAXON's BodyPaint 3D Release 4
Wouldn't it be great if you could have all your favorite image editing tools directly in a single 3D environment? Wouldn't it be great if they worked in conjunction with your 3D application rather than against it? Well, that is exactly what BodyPaint 3D does!
Wave goodbye to UV seams, inaccurate texturing and constant back-and-forth switching to your 2D image editor. Say hello to hassle-free texturing that lets you quickly paint highly detailed textures directly on your 3D objects.
Forget flat compromises and paint in three dimensions. BodyPaint 3D offers the ultimate control over your textures with complete layers, filters and tablet support - all optimized for working in 3D. With BodyPaint 3D you can paint on up to ten channels with a single stroke, so a single brush can define an entire material rather than a single color. Plus, BodyPaint 3D's exclusive RayBrushTM technology lets you view the results of your painting in real-time as a rendered image.
BodyPaint 3D's Projection Painting tool makes distortion-free painting a snap. This quick and easy tool lets you paint across UV seams or even multiple objects. Even the most complex UV coordinates can be tamed with the help of a complete suite of UV editing tools. BodyPaint 3D includes three automatic UV unwrapping algorithms, including the new Optimal Cubic Mapping system.
BodyPaint 3D was created for all 3D artists and includes free plugins to exchange models and textures with popular 3D applications. These plugins transfer models, textures and UVs between BodyPaint 3D and many 3D applications, with no hassle at all.
MAXON's high end texturing tool BodyPaint 3D now offers even more tools and a better workflow for all users of Softimage XSI, Maya, 3ds Max and LightWave 3D. The new features affect brush creation, brush handling and management.
Create Own Brushes
QuickTime / 2.1MB
Create, Save, Modify, Manage and Share Brushes Now, it’s easier than ever to create and manage custom brushes, and collections of brushes inside BodyPaint. Single and even groups of brushes can be easily shared with other artists within a production team or with the CINEMA 4D community.
Keeping track of all those brushes is now easier with a vastly improved management system, including drag and drop sorting, improved library functions and better previewing. Speaking of brushes: Creating new brush profiles is a breeze - just sample an image selection and voila, you’ve created a custom brush tip. No saving and/or loading required.
Support for Photoshop Brushes
A real highlight if BodyPaint 3D Release 4 is that it now supports the .abr format for Adobe Photoshop compatible brushes. So BodyPaint 3D artists can now take advantage of vast resources available in the Photoshop community. Thousands of brushes are out there to be used – lots of them come even for free. And we've even added over 1,400 new brushes to the brush preset libraries.
New in BodyPaint 3D Release 4
- 64-bit support for MacOS X 10.5.
- 3D mouse for MacOS
- Application can now be registered online
- Online Updater
- User-specific configuration files are saved to the user folder
- This key can be defined to emulate the right mouse button on a MacOS
- TIFF supports Photoshop layers (also with Zip compression) for 8-bit and 16-bit color depth
- COLLADA import and export
- Photoshop-compatible .abr brushes can be loaded
- Display (not utilization!) and saving (unaltered) of Photoshop layers
- The number of vector paths in a given bitmap will be displayed
- Airbrush functionality for brush
- Jitter has a new parameter: „Jitter Count“
- Art Pen rotation supported
- Original brush size can be reset with a single click
- Paint tools now have separate parameters
- New 'Blur' tool
- New 'Sharpen' tool
- New 'Colorize' tool
- Projection Painting can also be applied to hidden polygons
- Tiles textures can also be displayed as such in the texture view
- Additional options for brush shape
- Color patterns can be defined and modified directly from a texture or a selection
- Wallpapers can be defined directly from a texture or a selection
- Easy allocation when creating new Color Presets in libraries
- Re-organized color presets
- Any texture or selection can be defined as a brush and also modified
- Re-organized brush presets
- Show tool cursor
- Define Brush Presets directly from selections or textures
- Define Color and Wallpaper Presets directly from selections or textures
- UV Meshes can be drawn on a bitmap layer
- Improved handling of „Transform Bitmap“ tool
- Improved workflow for defining visible layers
- Creating custom material channels
Minimum requirements R11 Minimum Processor requirements:
Windows - Intel Pentium 4, Athlon 64, Sempron (K8 with SSE2), or VIA C7
OS X - G5 Power PC or Intel Core2Duo
Note that R11 now requires a processor with the SSE2 instruction set.
Supported Operating systems
Windows Vista (all versions)
Windows XP (Pro / Home)
Windows XP Pro 64 Bit
Windows 2003 Server
Windows 2003 Server 64 Bit
Mac OS X 10.4.x
Mac OS X 10.5.3 (10.5.0, 10.5.1 and 10.5.2 are NOT recommended)