Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
Famous People is designed to build vocabulary, assist students in the organization and acquisition of information, and provide an enriched perspective of the world.
- Famous People presents a broad range of fascinating individuals from George Washington Carver and Mother Teresa to Susan B. Anthony and John Glenn.
- Student-viewed movies bring great people such as Albert Einstein and Dwight D. Eisenhower to life in a unique manner, enhancing the learning experience.
- The series builds reading comprehension by emphasizing kinesthetic learning, listening skills, decision making, syntactic understanding, and evaluation.
- The topics, chosen from among high interest and curriculum compatible areas, appeal to students and foster lively discussion.
- Multiple choice and essay questions are included with each selection and the students' progress reports may be printed.
- These open-ended programs are versatile and easy to use. Teachers may add their own stories and questions at any time.
- Lesson Plans are designed to reinforce comprehension, analysis and evaluation of any selection in the series. Lesson Plans and Supplemental Materials are included with multiple-copy versions.
- Award-winning, eye-catching, full color illustrations, animations, and graphics.
- Multiple track audio with correct pronunciation, encouragement and rewards.
- Timely navigational instructions.
- Teacher selectable music and audio controls.
- Teacher selectable auto-difficulty leveling.
- Classroom management - students can be identified by name in the program and the progress for each student is separately maintained for later reference by the teacher.
- With Macintosh and Windows versions on each CD-ROM, schools pay one price for both platforms for the life of the product release. This protects the school's software investment during the transition from a single hardware platform to a multiple platform environment.
Minimum System Requirements
Minumum System Requirements The program is provided on a Hybrid CD-ROM and will work on Windows 95, 98, 2000*, XP* and Macintosh platforms. Windows: Pentium II 166 Mhz, 32 MB of installed RAM, 256-color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution, 4x CD-ROM drive (higher recommended). Macintosh: Power PC or higher, 16 MB RAM, System 7.6.1 through OS X, 256-color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution, 4x CD-ROM (higher recommended). *2000 and XP as Power User or Administrator only
High School Reading Comprehension Series - Famous People from Optimum Resource