Edmark Reading Program, Level 2, Software Version
Teach beginning reading and language development to nonreaders!
The Edmark Reading Program is designed for students with learning or developmental disabilities and those who have not succeeded with other reading methods. For 30 years, this trusted program has been highly regarded by teaching professionals as "the one that works", allowing most nonreaders to master basic reading skills.
The Edmark Reading Program uses a whole-word approach, with short instructional steps, consistent repetition, and positive reinforcement to ensure that students experience immediate success.Multiple learning modalities are incorporated into this highly effective process with a variety of lesson formats that keep students motivated and involved. Graphics, content, and presentation are appropriate for readers of all ages. Graphics can be turned off for adult or older students.
At five- and ten-word intervals, review and test activities are provided, allowing teachers to test student knowledge of learned words. Management tools and automatic record keeping allow teachers to individualize student learning and track progress.
Edmark Reading Program, Level 2 is an extension of Level 1 for students who have successfully completed Level 1 but are not yet ready for a more traditional reading approach. Level 2 teaches 200 words including compound words, as students review and reinforce words learned in Level 1. Comprehension questions focus students' attention on the meaning within the stories.
- 350 Words from Dolch Word List and basal readers
- Word endings: -s, -ed, -ing
- Capitalization and punctuation
- Left-to-right reading/tracking
- Visual memory of words (sets of letters)
- Thinking and discrimination skills
- Combined sentences for meaningful stories
- Development of independence
- Reading practice
- 2 Mac/Win CD-ROMs with 227 lessons in five formats and additional practice, review, and post-test activities
- High quality audio cues and reinforcement
- Single switch scanning
- Automatic record keeping to track student progress
- Management tools that allow teachers to individualize student learning
- Teacher Guide with learning objectives, activity ideas, and research references
This product contains Universal Access features including TouchWindow and Single Switch compatibility to address a variety of learning styles and abilities.
Stand-alone System Requirements
- Win 95/98, Me, 2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Pentium 133 MHz +
- OS 7.5.5 to 9.x, OS X 10.1.X (10.1.5 recommended), 10.2.X
Network System Requirements
Windows NT 3.5.1 or later
Pentium 90 or better; 640 x 480 SVGA; XP
users: 800x600 64 MB RAM
DirectX 7.0 or higher, Network card, Microphone, Windows-compatible printer, Edmark TouchWindow, Edmark TouchFree Switch TNV
Novell NetWare 4.0 or later
Optional: Printer, Edmark TouchFree Switch, Edmark TouchWindow, Web browser