Ipswitch is pleased to announce the upcoming update launch of WS_FTP Server 6.1 and WS_FTP Server 6.1 with SSH on November 12, 2007.
This new version expands on the previous release (6.0) to further enhance the powerful administrative control and best-in-class security delivered by the WS_FTP® Server 6 family. As corporate concern around security and compliance grows, Ipswitch Secure File Transfer solutions offer value-add professional service opportunities, hardware add-on sales, larger deployments and annuity stream opportunities from standards based sales
The new features of WS_FTP Server 6.1 and WS_FTP Server 6.1 with SSH include:
· Choice of Databases: Administrators have the option to either use the embedded WS_FTP Server database or integrate with an existing Microsoft® SQL Server or Microsoft SQL Server Express for both user authentication and server system configuration (ie: access controls, user permissions, password policies, etc.)
· Choice of Web Servers: Administrators can either use the default standards-based Web server that ships with WS_FTP Server or integrate with Microsoft IIS for powering the Web administration interface of WS_FTP Server.
· Silent Install for Fast Deployment of Multiple Servers: Enables administrators to customize installation configuration and quickly get multiple server deployments with unattended bulk installations up and running remotely, quickly and easily.
· Storage Utilization Displayed to Connecting WS_FTP Professional clients: Users connecting to WS_FTP Server 6.1 with the WS_FTP Professional 2007.1 file transfer client get a real-time view of their server disk space utilization. (note: WS_FTP Professional 2007.1 to be released shortly)
· Lock Files During Upload: Ensure version control of files by preventing different users from simultaneously uploading and downloading the same file. File lock during upload prevents users from downloading a file before it is fully uploaded to the server.
WS_FTP Server 6 with SSH is a highly secure, fully featured and easy-to-administer file transfer server that
delivers powerful administrative control and best-in-class security.
· Unrivaled Security: 256-bit AES transport encryption, SHA-512 file integrity, login authentication encryption,
digital certificate management and strong password policies.
· Powerful Administrator Control: Define access to files with granular permissions by folder, user and group
and set limitations on storage space, file count and bandwidth utilization.
· Trigger Communication and Workflows: Generate email, SMS and pager alerts and launch external
programs based on server events such as uploading a file or creating a directory.
· High Availability: Maximize performance and availability by configuring your server farm with multiple FTP
servers. Load balancing & clustering architecture enables high availability.
· Customized Logging: Log client-server and administrator activity for monitoring and auditing. Ability to filter,
sort and export logs for customized reporting. Syslog support.
· Exceed Compliance Requirements: Leading security and auditing capabilities enable compliance with
government regulations such as HIPAA, SOX, PCI DSS, BASEL II and J-SOX.
Proven and Scalable: Used by administrators globally to support millions of end users and to transfer of
billions of files. Scales to unlimited user accounts and concurrent connections.