Designed for mail servers running on Windows or UNIX based platforms, BitDefender Security for Mail Servers combines advanced antivirus technology's with content and antispam filters to provide safe mail traffic for companies and Service Providers.
BitDefender Security for Mail Servers offers dedicated agents for several of the most popular mail transfer agents (Sendmail, Courier, qmail and CommuniGate Pro). Due to its SMTP proxy agent, the product can be used with other MTAs (such as Exim or Dmail) as well, or when the filtering process is done separately from the running Mail Server. The SMTP proxy agent also gives access to features such as connection count limiting, trusted networks and relay domain limitations. BitDefender Security for Mail Servers uses anti-phishing technology to detect illegal attempts to copy the "look and feel" of authentic messages, as well as the disguises and the forgeries used to persuade the user to send confidential data to a particular recipient.
- Fast and easy deployment
- Easy integration with your current mail services
- Compatible with most major mail platforms
- Proactive heuristic protection against zero-day threats
- Antivirus, antispyware and antiphishing protection
- Multiple layers of antispam filtering
- Content and attachment filtering
- Intuitive program interface
Features and Benefits
- E-mail Protection against Malware
- Increased Business Productivity
- Increased Usability
- Centralized Management Support
- BitDefender Technologies
E-mail Protection against Malware
- Fights e-mail-borne malware by filtering and blocking messages that carry dangerous active codes
- Offers anti-phishing protection by proactively detecting forged messages intended to trick their recipient into disclosing confidential data
- Can act* as a multiple mail server proxy through inter¬faces capable of filtering the traffic routed to different mail servers
- The Directory Harvesting filter* protects against attempts to steal valid mail addresses from the mail server
- Provides** the possibility of separately handling riskware (applications that pose a potential threat, but which certain user groups might still need)
- Comes with an SMTP proxy agent which:
- allows using the solution with generic e-mail platforms such as Windows SMTP Mail Servers, Exim**, Dmail**
- offers access to features such as connection count limiting, trusted networks and relay domain limitations
- Includes** dedicated agents for automatic integration with several of the most popular mail transfer agents such as Sendmail (milter), Postfix, Courier, qmail and CommuniGate Pro
- Fully complies** with FHS (Filesystem Hierarchy Standard), operating in a completely non- intrusive manner
- Ensures compatibility with all major Unix-based platforms due to its rpm, deb and generic .tar.run packages
Increased Business Productivity
Reduces mail traffic and saves network resources due to its extensive antimalware protection capabilities
Through its optimized scanning process, increases mail delivery speed and reduces server workload
Improves the IT manager’s productivity and prevents the loss of confidential information by filtering all mail passing through the mail server based on:
Provides a highly efficient multi-layered antispam protection system which:
- content (subject line, body**, sender, recipient) and attachment
- the criteria defined for the existing user groups
blocks unsolicited mail based on several filters, among which:
- reduces mail traffic by accurately classifying messages as spam, phishing or legitimate
Allows configuring antispam filter sensitivity by set¬ting very demanding or relaxed thresholds for each user group
- connection filters such as the Allow/Deny IP List* and Sender Black List*
- the Bayesian Filter, which you can train to learn the specifics of the spam mail received by your server
- the Real-time Blackhole List (RBL) filter, which identifies spam based on mail servers’ reputation as spam senders
Matches* mail to specific IP addresses so that messages with spoofed headers no longer fool the White List filter.
Provides WBL (White List/ Blacklist) support, allowing you to set a list of trusted and untrusted addresses based on which to respectively “always accept” or “always re¬ject” mail
- Allows you to filter mail traffic more flexibly, leveraging antivirus, antispam, content and attachment filtering policies for different groups or users
- Generates detailed statistics and reports related to the solution’s activity
- Sends customizable mail notifications about its activity
- Allows you to remotely configure mail protection through its management tools
- A dedicated command line interface** allows performing post-install configuration and administration tasks
- Can isolate dangerous or restricted mail in a quarantine zone to be dealt with later
- The quarantine area is searchable** based upon regular expressions, sender, recipient, date and cause for quarantine
- Allows** performing management actions via SNMP by means of its SNMP Daemon Plug-in
- Can** send virus and administration alerts to three different hosts, through the SNMP Logger plug-in
Centralized Management Support
- BitDefender Management Server allows centralized management for most BitDefender business solutions installed on network computers, including BitDefender Security for Mail Servers (only UNIX platforms are supported for centralized management). This type of integration allows you to use the Management Server console to get centralized access to:
- Configuration settings for BitDefender Security for Mail Servers
- Critical event information such as update-related events, configuration warnings, license expiration
- Easy-to-interpret statistics and reports based on the information received from BitDefender Security for Mail Servers
All BitDefender solutions include B-HAVE, a patent pending technology which analyzes the behavior of potentially malicious codes inside a virtual computer, eliminating false positives and significantly increasing detection rates for new and unknown malware.
To better deal with new spam, the BitDefender Lab has created NeuNet, a powerful antispam filter. Inside the Antispam Lab, NeuNet is pre-trained on a series of spam messages sthat it learns trecognize new spam by perceiving its similarities with the messages it has already examined.
Certified Antivirus Engines
BitDefender&rsqu;s award winning scan engines featuring the B-HAVE technology have been recognized by leading certification bodies tprovide the most proactive antivirus protection available. The BitDefender Antivirus scan engines are certified by ICSA Labs, Virus Bulletin and Checkmark.
Advanced Update System
For permanent server protection, the product receives the latest updates and patches based on four configurable technologies: on-demand, scheduled, automatic and pushed.
Registered users benefit from free upgrades to any new version of the solution during the license period. Special pricing is always provided to our customers when they renew their license, making BitDefender a long term cost effective solution.
The latest virus signatures are “pushed” to your servers the second they become available instead of waiting for the next scheduled update, further reducing the threat posed by new viruses.
Free 24/7 Professional Technical Support
Certified representatives provide BitDefender business customers with free permanent support online, by telephone or e-mail. This is supplemented by an online database with answers to Frequently Asked Questions and fixes for common issues.
*Only for Windows-based platforms
**Only for UNIX-based platforms
Linux Kernel: 2.4.x or 2.6.x (recommended)
FreeBSD: 5 (or newer with compat5x)
glibc: version 2.3.1 or newer and libstdc++5 from gcc 3.2.2 or newer
P 1.4Ghz, RAM256MB, HDD200MB.
Supported Linux Distributions:
RedHat Enterprise Linux 3, Linux 9 or newer
SuSE Linux Enterprise Server 9, Linux 8.2 or newer
Fedora Core 1 or newer
Debian GNU/Linux 3.1 or newer
Slackware 9.x or newer
Mandrake/Mandriva 9.1 or newer
System Requirements Windows-Based platforms
Windows NT 4.0 SP6 + MMC v1.2 / Windows 2000 SP4 / Windows 2003 SP1 Server + Internet Explorer 6.
PII 300MHz, RAM256MB, HDD200MB