DeepSight from Symantec
Symantec DeepSight Products are available in license only format. Contact one of our Symantec Certified Sales Specialists for more information on how this product is licensed, and to get a customized quote. For a listing of DeepSight license products and their associated Symantec part numbers see our Symantec Licensing section.
A proactive approach to ensuring a secure environment saves you time and money!
Symantec™ DeepSight™ Threat Management System provides actionable intelligence covering the complete threat lifecycle, from initial vulnerability to active attack. With personalized notification triggers and expert analysis, the system enables enterprises to prioritize IT resources in order to better protect critical information assets against a potential attack. Patches, countermeasures, work-arounds, and additional references are also provided, reducing the hours spent searching through Web sites and emails. Optional custom reports provide the ability to trend data by time, country, industry, IP address, target ports, and other parameters. Powered by the Symantec Global Intelligence Network, the service is an authoritative source of tailored information about known and emerging vulnerabilities, threats, risks and global attack activity.
Symantec™ DeepSight™ Alert Services provide personalized vulnerability, malicious code, spyware and adware alerts, along with mitigation strategies and links to patches to bridge the gap between security awareness and action. Symantec security experts monitor potential threats and risks across more than 35,000 distinct product versions and deliver detailed information based on the known configuration of a given enterprise environment. A new set-up wizard enables users to configure the service within minutes and quickly receive relevant alerts with actionable information. The service offers an authoritative source of tailored information about vulnerabilities, malicious code and other security risks to support proactive mitigation.
- Monitors vulnerabilities in more than 18,000 technologies, operating systems, and application product versions from 2,200 vendors, and automatically delivers timely security notifications worldwide
- Vulnerabilities monitored 24x7 by Symantec(TM) Security Response, the world's leading Internet research and support organization
- Provides analysis and guidance on how to mitigate risks by using technologies such as firewalls or IDS even before virus definition files are available
- Easily set-up customization enables security professionals to receive only alerts relevant to their enterprise and their specific areas of responsibility
- Offers an industry-leading variety of notification delivery options, including email, voice, fax, and SMS
- Enables secure, Web-based queries to an industry-leading vulnerability database, and provides detailed patch and release information
- Prioritized alerts enable security and IT professionals to efficiently allocate time and resources based on the most pressing security issues
- Current and historical alerting and response reports provide information for process improvement and management communication
- Administrative user status gives control over subordinate users in order to share information, collaborate for early mitigation, and increase accountability
- Optional XML and Remedy Help Desk output for integration into IT security processes and remediation solutions, enables tracking of actions by the security and IT team through internal systems for faster response and resolution
- Alert status tracking streamlines task assignment and reporting by providing status and documenting resolutions