Complete, integrated, and recursive writing solution, built the way writing instructors teach writing.
Provides the scaffolding needed to increase writing competency, all correlated to the writing standards of all 50 states as well as Ontario outcomes.
The perfect tool to support developing writers. A complete, integrated, and recursive writing solution, built the way writing instructors teach writing. Provides the scaffolding needed to increase writing competency as well as produce more interesting and sophisticated writings, all correlated to the writing standards of all 50 states including Ontario outcomes. It creates a strong cognitive learning environment through its unrivaled capabilities:
- provides guidance for all steps of the writing process -- brainstorming, organizing, drafting, editing, revising, and publishing
- presents research-based strategies -- effective and integrated approaches, tips and hints, the recursive process -- which increase competency using the writing process
- maintains analytical and holistic rubrics, such as 6-Trait, and features high-stake testing environments, including explicit test preparation components; the test-prep area moves students away from supports and guidance toward time-testing situations, much like state exams
- uses peer collaboration, self-assessment, and self-regulation to support the author through the revision phase - the most complex and abstract
- being web-based, allows for both school and home uses and provides users with on-line portfolios in order to assess, review, and reflect on past works as they evolve as writers
- correlates all lessons to the writing standards of all fifty states as well as Ontario outcomes; teacher -created lessons can be associated easily
- aggregates reports at the student, teacher, school, and district levels, including graphical representations of data
- developed to engage and support students in writing as they progress from "learning to write" to "writing to learn."
Now with New High School Content!
WriteBrain is the most comprehensive web based writing curriculum solution for grades 2-12. This category leading program scaffolds students through the entire writing process! It comprehensively teaches every stage of writing, including brainstorming, organizing, drafting, editing, assessing and revising in many different genres. WriteBrain features a recursive process allowing students to easily go back and forth within writing process steps.
Teachers can utilize a total of 170 engaging prepared lessons or utilize an easy-to-use program to create their own lessons and writing prompts. Developed to directly improve student achievement, WriteBrain provides critical differentiated instruction using 100% research-based curriculum tied to all 50 states. WriteBrain features multiple assessments, including self, peer and instructor, that enable students to learn critical thinking and assessment skills in addition to writing skills.
Creating a strong cognitive learning environment, WriteBrain engages and supports students in writing as they grow in their competency.
Operating Systems and Browsers
Windows 98, 2000, XP –
Internet Explorer 6,
Netscape 8.1, Firefox 220.127.116.11
Mac OSX 10.2, 10.3, 10.4 –
PowerPC and Intel Platforms –
Netscape 7.2, Firefox 18.104.22.168,
Safari 2.0.3 (on OSX 10.4), Safari 1.3.2 (on OSX 10.3), Safari 1.0.3 (on OSX 10.2)
Windows: 450 MHz Processor or faster, at least 128MB of RAM, 1024x768 recommended
screen resolution, 800x600
Mac: 500 MHz PowerPC G3 or faster, Intel platform at least 128MB of RAM, 1024x768
resolution, 800x600 supported
Flash Player 7 or higher – required, free download at www.adobe.com/downloads/ Shockwave Player 10 or higher (may not be supported on all Intel Mac machines) –
necessary only for text-tospeech features, free download at www.adobe.com/downloads/