InspireData is the most engaging way for students to examine data and explore relationships. InspireData lets students see the data move right before their eyes with just the click of an icon. They actively explore and analyze data using dynamic Venn, bar, stack, pie and axis plots to interpret information and draw conclusions.
InspireData helps students successfully:
Build data literacy
Develop analytical skills
Strengthen critical thinking
InspireData includes over 100 content rich databases to jumpstart analysis. Additionally, you can create your own databases or import data from the Internet. When creating your own databases, the new InspireData e-Survey tool allows you to easily publish an online survey and then download
results to provide instant analysis.
InspireData 1.5 offers more ways to explore and understand data. This latest version of InspireData has many powerful new features to help students collect and explore data and help educators integrate InspireData and data literacy into the classroom.
Easier data collection!
- e-Survey tool - Collect data anytime, anywhere using InspireData's e-Survey tool. Create and publish an online survey to gather data, then instantly download results to jumpstart analysis.
- 100+ subject-specific databases - Get started quickly with more than 100 content-rich databases.
- Database templates - Use database templates with predefined structure to guide data collection.
- Expanded data formatting options - Select and define field formats and valid list content to ensure consistent data collection.
More plot options!
- Bar Charts - Students can create a bar chart or a stack plot with one click.
- Line of best fit and line graphs - Display line of best fit and line graphs in axis plots to connect data points or to clarify data relationships and investigate trends.
- Export plots - Export plots as .jpg, .gif or .png files.
Expanded teacher and classroom support
- Standards-based lessons plans and classroom projects - These lesson plans include ideas and instructions for achieving key data literacy standards, corresponding database templates to guide student data collection and exemplars for teacher demonstration and student assessment.
- Learn-to-Use Handouts - These teacher tools provide easy-to-follow instructions for quickly learning and using InspireData.
- Web resources - Teachers can easily access additional support materials such as lesson plans and database templates.
- Teacher database templates for classroom analysis - Customizable templates allow teachers to track student performance over time, identify classroom trends and support data-driven decision making.
New! Developing Data Literacy with InspireData
Developing Data Literacy with InspireData was designed by educators, and offers 27 content-rich, standards-aligned lessons to help teachers incorporate InspireData into their science, mathematics and social studies curriculum. Each hands-on lesson contains step-by-step instructions that can be easily adapted for students in grades 4-12, working individually or in teams.
Pentium II 266 MHz or faster
Windows 98 SE, 2000, ME, XP, Vista
128 MB RAM
60 MB available hard drive
800 X 600 display with 16-bit color depth or higher
Interactive electronic whiteboard
G3 300 MHz or faster
OS X version 10.2.8 to 10.4.x, Leopard compatible
192 MB RAM
90 MB available hard drive
800 X 600 display
Interactive electronic whiteboard
Note: For downloaded products, the computer on which the downloaded product is installed must be connected to the internet for the product to be activated.