Part of Heartsoft's Original 12 Bestsellers.
Billiards & Homonyms
Grades 2-6. Includes two complete programs: The “Productive” level ESL program as well as the full English version. Directions and audio reinforcements in the ESL version are principally in Spanish, and the sentences and answers are in English. The student is presented homonym pairs in sentence context above a billiards table, and is shown two possible answers which are homonyms. The student chooses by positioning the billiards player and shooting into the pocket nearest the chosen answer. Correct answers are indicated by the ball going into the pocket and audio affirmation. Incorrect answers are indicated by a missed shot and by voice instruction that the answer was wrong. At the end of the lesson, the results are shown on the screen. Excellent program for learning differentiation of homonyms, and assists with vocabulary, comprehension, spelling.
- Area of Focus is: Language Arts
- Primary Curriculum Area Covered is: Differentiation of homonyms in sentence context
- Secondary Curriculum Areas covered are: Comprehension, Spelling, Word Identification, Vocabulary
- Teachers Manual for all programs including a comprehensive Curriculum Integration Guide
- Lesson Edit features allow you to build a new lesson, revise a lesson, or delete an old lesson.
- Up to 39 lessons with either 5 or 10 sentences per lesson
- Print feature allows printing of lessons with or without answers
A complete curriculum integration chart for each of the Heartsoft software titles is also available.
- 16 MB RAM
- SVGA monitor
- 3 MB hard drive space available
Must have sound card for audio portion of software. If not, programs will run without sound.
- OS 6.08 or Higher
- 4 MB RAM
- SVGA Monitor
- 1.5 MB Hard Drive Space available