Total Training for Advanced Flash Pro 8 ActionScript
Become a pro with ActionScript by watching interactive, work-along lessons that walk you through the necessary steps of using the built-in classes, new objects, or making your own custom classes and components. You'll also learn the new advanced features of Flash Pro 8 that are only available to ActionScript users including the Drawing API, Bitmap API, and the matrix transformations and displacements. Plus, you'll get a preview of how to use ActionScript in development of mobile applications.
- Learn how to use event handlers to associate ActionScript code with a particular object and event. For example, when a user clicks a button on the Stage, you might advance the playhead to the next frame.
- Discover how to use Custom Classes to create a small application in Flash. Your classes compile into the SWF file when you publish the document, allowing everything to work together.
- Use the Custom Component Live Preview in the authoring environment to see what a component will look like when it is active in the presentation.
- Understand how to collect data about color transformations and coordinate transformations with Transform Class.
- Dive into one of the most significant additions to Flash Player 8, bitmap caching. This feature gives you the power to greatly increase the speed at which large amounts of objects are updated and drawn onto the Stage by the renderer.
One week membership to FlashFoundry.com: Subscribers get unlimited access to a huge collection of more than 100,000 professional-quality Flash components, templates, videos, animations and audio files, all royalty-free and ready to use. There's not a simpler, more affordable way to get your Flash and much more.
Every FlashFoundry.com subscriber enjoys the following benefits:
More than 100,000 professional-quality Flash graphics and templates
New content added weekly
Powerful search engine to find the perfect image quickly
All files available as fully editable .fla source files and ready-to-use .swf
Dedicated FlashFoundry.com message board on www.FlashKit.com
Presenter: John Ulliman
John Ulliman is an authorized instructor for Macromedia's studio of products and principal of his own project development company, where he works closely with the major multimedia software companies. John has been teaching ever since he first started using a computer. Currently, he focuses on the products he uses to make animation magic work, with the intention to bring as much practical experience to his lessons as possible.
Format: DVD (ROM)
Platform: Windows & MAC OS
Experience Level: Intermediate to advanced
Running Time: 10 Hrs, 2 DVD (ROM)
Project Files: Included