Bubblegum Machine is a vocabulary-building program which uses a brightly colored gumball machine to dispense words which students use as a starting point for two all-time favorite word games:
- Creating a list of words that RHYME wit a key word.
- Creating a list of words BUILT from the letters of a key word.
The program allows either 1 or 2 players. The RHYME option has 20 levels, and the BUILT option has 10 levels. Words are evaluated by the computer as either RIGHT, SORRY, or USED (both verbally and on the screen). A "Right" answer is worth five points per letter. "Used" will flash if the word has already been typed in this turn. "Sorry" means that the word typed is not on the word list for this key word. It des not necessary mean that there is no such word. If the word can be found in the dictionary, add it to the list! Players may type "Quit" at any point, and a score screen will show the score. Editing features allow addition and/or deletion of words in any list, and the print function allows printing of the lists/levels. An excellent program for building vocabulary, and mastering spelling and word identification.
- Area of Focus: Language Arts
- Primary Curriculum Area Covered: Building Vocabulary
- Secondary Curriculum Areas: Spelling and Word Identification
- Teachers Manual for all programs including a comprehensive Curriculum Integration Guide
- Lesson Edit features allow you to add or delete words from the various lists.
- Print feature allows printing of the word lists
A complete curriculum integration chart for each of the Heartsoft software titles is also available.
16 MB RAM
3 MB hard drive space available
OS 6.08 or Higher
4 MB RAM
1.5 MB Hard Drive Space available
Must have sound card for audio portion of software. If not, programs will run without sound.