Read, Write & Type! with Spanish
An innovative program that integrates early reading, writing, and keyboarding!
Read, Write & Type!(tm) presents a ground-breaking approach to early language education that reflects 10 years of classroom research. By using phonics to link reading with writing, this unique program teaches three essential skills-reading, writing, and typing-simultaneously. Talking Hands provide spoken instruction and demonstrate each keystroke to help students learn the sounds of each letter and where each letter is located on the keyboard. As they progress through 40 adventure-filled lessons and activities, students quickly develop the phonics and typing skills they need to create their own words, sentences, and stories. An effective literacy builder for children learning English as a second language; includes Bilingual (English/Spanish) help option.
- 10 levels include 40 progressively challenging phoneme lessons, each with 4-8 activities
- Each lesson includes Sound Games, Typing Challenges, Story Ideas, and Stories
- Simple word processor/simulated email tool allows students to write and print their own stories and letters
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) help option
- Visual Map of Keyboard, with letters and sounds introduced by friendly characters, combines the sounds of phonics with correct finger placement
- Clear, non-judgmental visual and auditory feedback
- Printable score reports and certificates direct students to areas that need practice
- Sound out and write hundreds of letters and sounds, words, phrases, and stories
- Develop phonemic awareness, phonics, blending, whole word, sentence, and punctuation skills
- Provides extra practice with challenging lessons, and improves typing speed and accuracy
- Combines the sounds of phonics with correct finger placement, so children easily learn to type the sounds they hear
- Effective literacy builder for children learning English as a second language
- Students move on to creating their own stories with their new found typing and phonics skills
8 MB RAM
1.4 MB available disk space
640x480, 256 colors SVGA
Win-compatible sound card
Mac 7.5+, OS X
8 MB RAM
2 MB available disk space
13" monitor, 256 colors, 8-bit color
- School Editions will have two program CDs and one Teacher Resource CD.
- Lab Packs will have six program CDs and one Teacher Resource CD.
- Networks will have one Network CD, one Standalone CD, and one Teacher Resource CD. Network version v1.0 does not include Spanish.
- All packs will contain a printed Quickstart Guide.
- Teacher and User Guides in pdf format on a Teacher Resource CD.
- Flexible Site Licenses require a minimum of 25 CD (Workstation) purchase - per site.