Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
Please Note:Requires a microphone
Sound Beginnings - Making Sounds is the third edition of this unique vocalization program, designed to encourage communication in young children and those with special education needs. Sound Beginnings Making Sounds encompasses even more exciting activities using voice stimulus. A simple microphone is all that is needed - no voice input training or complicated configurations are needed.
This PC and MAC dual format CD-ROM includes the Racing, Jigsaw, Blow-up, Invaders and Floating activities from the PC only Sound Beginnings 1 and 2 programs.
The activities are particularly suitable for students who are at the early stages of acquiring spoken language.
Teachers can configure the programs to suit the level of the users and add their own specific images. A record of the individual’s progress can be created and printed at the end of each activity.
- Racing - Use sustained sound to keep a car moving around a race track. Students explore usageof volume - the louder the sound becomes, the faster the car will travel.
- Jigsaw - Put a puzzle together with your voice! Every time you make a sound, a piece of the puzzle will appear. Select the number of puzzle pieces. You can even import your own photographs into a puzzle. Try this activity with a digital photograph of the student you are working with.
- Blow up Balloon - Students make an extended sound to blow up a balloon. Say "AAAAAHHHHHHHH" and the balloon gets bigger and rises until the student stops vocalizing.
- Invaders Game - Students say "fire" (or "hit", or "blast") to eliminate the enemy creatures. Say "left" or "right" and the character moves by your command to avoid getting hit. Teachers can select the number and speed of things coming at the player.
- Floating – Sustain a sound for as long as possible in order to keep a creature floating in the sky with her balloon.
Please contact us at 800-527-7638 for a quote on larger quantities.