Yenka Gears lets you experiment with a range of mechanical components, in full 3D.
- Straightforward 3D design tools
- Mechanical components are straightforward to use: they snap together automatically, and can be moved and rotated in each of the 3 dimensions.
- Gears can be linked directly to each other, or using a chain drive of any length. Each gear lets you set its diameter precisely, and choose how many teeth it has, and how big they are.
- To change the direction of rotation, worm and bevel gears and a rack and pinion are also available. You can connect a crank to the gears to turn them manually, or add wheels of different masses and diameters.
Yenka Gears can be used on its own, but it also works seamlessly with other Yenka products.
In particular, if you've also got Yenka PCBs, you can create and simulate PCB designs which link to your gears and flywheels through motors, solenoids and generators, and export the PCB layout for manufacture.
Yenka has an entirely new user interface that is designed to be easier to use in the classroom, especially with interactive whiteboards, and requires no special setup.
You can copy 2D items like Presentation objects and paste them into other applications such as Word. For the best results we suggest you take a "screenshot" and paste this in instead. This will allow you to produce pictures of 3D objects for your documents or presentations.
Plus, get free online training and content at www.yenka.com.
- Free upgrades until 2012 - for any Yenka product you buy.
- No recurring subscription cost once you've purchased.
- Free home use - students and teachers at registered schools can get free home licences for all of our Yenka tools.
Now, there's "Instant" Yenka, a simplified way to access Yenka at home.
What has changed?
- It is not necessary to open a Yenka account and to use an activation key.
- We have taken away the teacher confirmation process (which made a lot of teachers give up).
- Students can download and activate the software themselves.
- Hobbyists and home-educators can also use Yenka at home for free.
How does it work? Follow these steps:
- Download the new Yenka plug-in from our website: http://www.yenka.com/downloads - Select "Home License" within the software.
- Enter your email address and occupation.
- Start using Yenka.
Only teachers may request home licences.
If you are another member of staff, you can make a request on behalf of a teacher - but you must use their details and email address.
The teacher will receive two activation keys:
- One for teachers at your school.
- Another for students at your school.
To get the best out of Yenka 3D shapes we recommend you have the following
- Windows XP, Vista or later
- Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
- 256MB RAM
- Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. We recommend 32MB of Graphics card memory.
- 16-bit soundcard optional.
The system requirements for running Yenka on an Apple Mac are:
OS X 10.4 or later
1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
A Teacher License lets a named teacher use a Yenka product on one computer at a time. The licence also allows the teacher's students to use that product on other computers, but only while the teacher is present. This is limited to 40 students at a time.
A Site License permits employees and students of a school to use a Yenka product on all computers located at a single postal address. For very large schools (more than 2000 students) or for remote teaching please contact us for prices.