Math for The Real World from Knowledge Adventure
Build word problem-solving skills in everyday situations!
Students apply math skills to real-life situations. Travel the U.S. with a wacky band solving real-life problems along the way, including logic, critical thinking, time management, money, percents, measurements, and more. Over 4000 word problems, original songs, and creation of a cool music video!
Math for the Real World(TM) introduces students to everyday math skills such as telling time and counting money. Word problems and interactive activities help students apply real-world critical-thinking skills to daily situations while reinforcing key concepts such as logic, fractions, and decimals.
- Solve problems involving graphs, charts, and maps
- Add, subtract, multiply, and divide fractions, decimals, and percents
- Understand time, measurement, and weights
- Practice budgeting
- Over 4,000 word problems in nine key subject areas
- Multiple levels of difficulty
- Reference library with detailed explanations for everyday problems
- A rich collection of extension activities printable for classroom use