The Yenka Mathematics Bundle includes both math products:
- 3D Shapes
If you're using more than one of them, they work seamlessly together - sharing one user interface.
- Yenka 3D Shapes is a new modelling tool for experimenting with 3D geometry.
- Yenka Statistics is a colorful new modelling tool that lets you experiment with statistics and probability.
Now, there's "Instant" Yenka, a simplified way to access Yenka at home.
What has changed?
- It is not necessary to open a Yenka account and to use an activation key.
- We have taken away the teacher confirmation process (which made a lot of teachers give up).
- Students can download and activate the software themselves.
- Hobbyists and home-educators can also use Yenka at home for free.
How does it work? Follow these steps:
- Download the new Yenka plug-in from our website: http://www.yenka.com/downloads - Select "Home License" within the software.
- Enter your email address and occupation.
- Start using Yenka.
A Teacher License lets a named teacher use a Yenka product on one computer at a time. The licence also allows the teacher's students to use that product on other computers, but only while the teacher is present. This is limited to 40 students at a time.
A Site License permits employees and students of a school to use a Yenka product on all computers located at a single postal address. For very large schools (more than 2000 students) or for remote teaching please contact us for prices.
Yenka System Requirements
The system requirements for running Yenka on a Windows PC are:
Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (32-bit) or later
Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
256MB RAM (with virtual memory switched on)
Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. We recommend at least 32MB of graphics card memory.
16-bit soundcard optional
The system requirements for running Yenka on an Apple Mac are:
OS X 10.4 or later
1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
Recommendations to enhance performance
As Yenka is a complex program that combines both 2D and 3D graphics into a single simulator, its performance may vary significantly, depending on the hardware specification of your PC.
Upgrade your graphics card
The most effective way to increase performance is to upgrade your graphics card. Ideally, your graphics card should have its own graphics memory, rather than using shared system memory. In addition to this, there are a number of graphics cards that have known issues with Yenka. Please consult our known issues section to find out more about these.
Update your driver software
To get the most out of your hardware, you should ensure that you have the most up-to-date driver software. This is especially important for graphics drivers, where improvements to the driver may have a significant impact on your 3D graphics performance.
Add Memory (RAM)
Other than upgrading your graphics card, adding more memory is the best way to improve performance, particularly if your computer is at or near the system requirements.