NetSupport Notify - THE desktop Alerting Solution
NetSupport Notify is a specially developed solution allowing instant and reliable delivery of notifications and alerts across a LAN or WAN to both Windows and Mac desktops.
The philosophy of NetSupport Notify is to provide a simple and effective solution to allow administrators within an organization to reliably deliver key notifications to staff and pupils across an enterprise without concern for network topology and to provide accurate records of message delivery and acknowledgement.
Unlike typical LAN-based messaging solutions, NetSupport Notify provides a dedicated notification gateway(s) that allow seamless message delivery across multiple network segments or dispersed sites without the need for network modifications or switch configuration. A true mass notification system.
In recent months the issue of delivering reliable and effective messaging to students across a campus has never been more essential as part of the day-to-day management of a school infrastructure. With students potentially utilizing a mixture of hardware and technology including desktops, laptops and Mac systems, the ability to simply and quickly deliver messages direct to their devices provides a number of benefits to the faculty.
NetSupport Notify allows an administrator to deliver within seconds a clear and concise message and instruction to all connected computers across a campus. Each message can carry a priority level and a request for acknowledgement. The delivered message automatically takes screen focus on recipient computers and can be accompanied by an audible alert. In addition, all delivered messages are recorded in the system event log, registering both the time the message was delivered and acknowledged by the user.
NetSupport Notify provides an extra level of security within an education establishment or campus for both critical security alerts as well as routine student communication.
Corporate communication increasingly relies on the ability to deliver notifications via email or existing telephony facilities when communicating with staff within an office building. NetSupport Notify provides a low-cost, high-speed notification system allowing messages and alerts to be delivered instantly to all computer users while removing the potential delays experienced with emails entering an already busy In Box.
For some organizations, NetSupport Notify also provides a welcome backup for existing technology failures, such as email, and an effective tool for delivering staff alerts and guidance, such as "the mail server will be off at 5pm" or "we are experiencing difficulties with our file server".
NetSupport Notify guarantees user attention by delivering an audible alert with each message received and taking foreground position on a user's desktop. With its notification gateway component, a single message can be delivered to staff across many sites or locations in a single action, again with full delivery/receipt logging.
Simple to use, fast and reliable, NetSupport Notify is the perfect choice for low-cost messaging and alerting across a LAN or WAN. Easy to implement and utilize, alerts carrying varying priorities and audibility can be delivered in seconds across the enterprise.
Key feature highlights in NetSupport Notify are:
- Support for Windows and Mac desktops, including Vista
- Notification gateway for delivery of messages across multiple subnets
- No need for router changes or support for broadcast UDP
- Prioritize messages and alerts with clear and concise message types (eg, message, alert and critical)
- Send alerts to one or multiple notification gateways simultaneously
- Supports unlimited number of connected user desktops
- Audit log of message receipt and acknowledgement
- Audible alerts
- Easy to install with MSI installer
- Enterprise installation utilizing supplied deployment utility or Active Directory
- Available in a range of localized languages
- Notification Server redundancy
- Unique Security codes - limiting access to only authorized Agents and Consoles.
- Integrate within existing systems via the supplied browser based notification Console.
- NetSupport Notify is based around its unique Notification Server technology. Installed on any Windows 2000, 2003, XP or Vista desktop or Windows 2000 /
- 2003 Server, the Notification Server manages connections to all desktop agents and ensures immediate delivery of all alerts. NetSupport Notify also includes redundancy, allowing multiple Notification Servers to be implemented and ensuring if that one is unavailable at any time, agent connections will automatically switch to the next available server.
- The Notification Server also controls all agent and console connections and authenticates these against a unique user defined security key ensuring the system is only used by authorized staff.