Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
History is designed to build vocabulary, assist students in the organization and acquisition of information, and provide an enriched perspective of the world.
From the Vikings to Nelson Mandela, and Hawaii to Mt. St. Helens, students travel through History reading fascinating stories of the past.
Student-viewable movies, including "The Cuban Missile Crisis" and "Women in Space", add a unique dimension and enhance the reading comprehension experience!
- The series builds reading comprehension by emphasizing kinesthetic learning, listening skills, decision making, syntactic understanding, and evaluation.
- The topics, chosen from among high interest and curriculum compatible areas, appeal to students and foster lively discussion.
- Multiple choice and essay questions are included with each selection and the students' progress reports may be printed.
- These open-ended programs are versatile and easy to use. Teachers may add their own stories and questions at any time.
- Lesson Plans are designed to reinforce comprehension, analysis and evaluation of any selection in the series. Lesson Plans and Supplemental Materials are included with multiple-copy versions.
- Award-winning, eye-catching, full color illustrations, animations, and graphics.
- Multiple track audio with correct pronunciation, encouragement and rewards.
- Timely navigational instructions.
- Teacher selectable music and audio controls.
- Teacher selectable auto-difficulty leveling.
- Classroom management - students can be identified by name in the program and the progress for each student is separately maintained for later reference by the teacher.
- With Macintosh and Windows versions on each CD-ROM, schools pay one price for both platforms for the life of the product release. This protects the school's software investment during the transition from a single hardware platform to a multiple platform environment.
Minimum System Requirements
Program is provided on a Windows CD and installs directly to the hard drive. Will work on Windows 2K, XP, and Vista, After installation, CD is no longer required.
Windows: Pentium II or higher, 256 MB RAM, Windows compatible sound card recommended. 8x CD-ROM drive or greater. Hard drive space required varies from 55MB to 200MB, Stickybear titles being the largest.
Macintosh: PowerPC, System 9x, 32 MB RAM, CD ROM Drive (OS X users, titles will run on systems which support OS9 Classic.
High School Reading Comprehension Series - History from Optimum Resource