Part of SonicWALL’s Unified Threat Management-based TZ Series, the SonicWALL TZ 190 features a deep packet inspection architecture enabling organizations to establish secure 3G wireless broadband network access instantly in virtually any location without the need for a fixed Internet connection. By leveraging recent advances in 3G wireless broadband technologies, organizations can rapidly establish high-speed access for seasonal kiosks, mobile point-of-sale stations, portable ATM machines, disaster recovery networks and more. In addition, it is simple to allow wireless LAN users to connect to the TZ 190 network by adding SonicPoints, SonicWALL external 802.11 wireless access points.
A high-performance, multi-layered network security solution, the TZ 190 integrates Type II PC Card* based 3G wireless broadband support, automated failover/failback technologies and a deep packet inspection firewall into a single platform. Underlying the TZ 190 is SonicOS Enhanced, SonicWALL’s powerful operating system. SonicOS Enhanced unlocks a series of powerful networking and business continuity security features in the TZ 190 including ISP failover, policy-based NAT, object-based management and DDNS. By integrating real-time gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware, intrusion prevention and anti-spam capabilities, the TZ 190 provides complete protection against malicious threats, both internal and external, for a deeper level of network security.
- The TZ 190W is a high-performance security platform that integrates a Type II PC Card slot for WAN backup for small networks with mission-critical needs. The TZ 190W also includes automated failover/failback, a deep packet inspection firewall and 802.11b/g wireless LAN access.The TZ 190W rapidly establishes secure 3G wireless broadband network access in an instant without the need for a fixed Internet connection. Its modular design enables the use of a wide range of PC cards (3G, analog modem) for greater usage flexibility
Features and Benefits
Instant 3G wireless broadband access enables secure networking even in areas where fixed broadband is impractical.*
A configurable, high performance deep packet inspection firewall provides enterprise-class protection for key Internet services such as Web, e-mail, file transfer, Windows services and DNS.
Support for integrated gateway anti-virus, anti-spyware and intrusion prevention delivers real-time protection against the latest blended threats including viruses, spyware, worms, Trojans, software vulnerabilities and other malicious code.**
Worldwide 3G wireless broadband coverage is ensured through support for both GSM and CDMA based 2G/3G networks including 1xRTT, EV-DO, EV-DO rev A, UMTS, GPRS, EDGE and HSDPA.
Integrated and automated WAN failover and failback ensures continuous uptime for IPSec VPN tunnels by failing over to an alternate WAN connection in the event the primary fails.
Intuitive configuration wizards simplify even the most complicated tasks, including VPN set-up and NAT configuration.
SonicWALL PortShield Architecture provides the flexibility to configure port level security for the LAN, providing protection not only from the WAN and DMZ,
but also between devices inside the LAN.
Award-winning Global Management System (GMS) provides comprehensive global management and reporting tools for simplified configuration,
enforcement and management of global security policies, VPN and services, all from a central location.
- Device Type Security appliance
- Width 10 in / Depth 7 in / Height 1.2 in / Weight 2 lbs
Processor / Memory / Storage
- RAM Installed ( Max ) 128 MB
- Flash Memory Installed (Max) 16 MB flash
- Form Factor -External
- Connectivity Technology Wired
- Data Link Protocol- Ethernet, Fast Ethernet
- Switching Protocol-Ethernet
Network / Transport Protocol L2TP, IPSec
- Communication Mode Half-duplex, full-duplex
- Performance- Stateful throughput : 90+ Mbps ¦ Gateway anti-virus throughput : 10 Mbps ¦ 3DES and AES performance : 30+ Mbps ¦ Intrusion prevention throughput : 8 Mbps
- Capacity -Concurrent connections : 6000 ¦ Security policies : 250 ¦ VPN tunnels (remote access) : 2 ¦ Nodes : unlimited ¦ Security zones : 8 ¦ VPN tunnels (site-to-site) : 15
Features- Firewall protection, switching, 128-bit encryption, DHCP support, NAT support, VPN support, DoS attack prevention, content filtering, URL filtering, Deep Packet Inspection (DPI), 256-bit encryption, DDos attack prevention
Encryption Algorithm DES, Triple DES, MD5, AES, IKE, SHA-1
Authentication Method RADIUS, X.509 certificates
Expansion / Connectivity
- Expansion Slots -Total PC Card
- Interfaces- 8 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45- 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ( WAN ) 1 x management - console 1 x network - Ethernet 10Base-T/100Base-TX - RJ-45 ( LAN / DMZ WAN )
- MTBF 9.6 years
- Compliant Standards FCC Class B certified, UL, TUV GS, C-Tick, ICSA IPSec certified, ICSA Firewall certified, VCCI Class B ITE, cUL, NOM, CB, ICES-003 Class B, RoHS, WEEE
- Power Device Power adapter - external
- Voltage Required AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz )
- Power Consumption Operational 12.7 Watt
Software / System Requirements
OS Provided SonicOS Enhanced
- Service & Support 1 year warranty
- Service & Support Details Limited warranty - parts and labor - 1 year ¦ New releases update - 90 days ¦ Intrusion definitions update - 30 days ¦ Virus definitions update - 30 days ¦ Malware definitions update - 30 days