Thousands of students, teachers and schools are using Algebra World to get great results.
It provides a proven and dynamic learning environment that motivates students to succeed.
The major topics covered in Algebra World are: Expressions, Variables, Algebra Notation, Pattern Recognition, Integers, One Variable Equations, Two Step Equations, Ratio, Proportion and Percent, and Geometry. Each topic has a series of detailed lessons designed to teach key mathematical concepts. The lessons are followed by challenges in three skill levels that assess understanding of the subject and mathematical reasoning ability.
Presenting Concepts Has Never Been Easier
MathRealm understands that you are challenged each day to motivate and teach a wide range of students with a wide range of learning needs. You have a very demanding job. Algebra World will give you the tools to make your job easier.
Success in Various Learning Environments
Why do teachers incorporate Algebra World into their classrooms? Algebra World's highly visual and interactive presentations are perfect for classroom demonstrations. The visualization of concepts adds excitement to the learning process. Students today relate more to math ideas that are accompanied by graphics, color and sound.
Not only is Algebra World great for classroom demonstrations, it is also ideal for individual instruction! The eye-catching graphics and sound effects allow students to see and hear what is happening. This helps students to better understand the concepts.
Turn Passive Listeners into Active Learners
MathRealm's research showed that students are not as responsive to long narrations in software as they are to interactive visuals and audio effects that draw them into the program as active learners, rather than passive listeners.
Hands-on virtual manipulatives with limited text reading and immediate visual feedback will capture your students' attention and help them understand concepts, as well as develop logical reasoning.
Algebra World focuses on developing concepts with:
Our research-based lessons engage students and develop conceptual understanding and problem-solving skills.
Our learning tools draw students into a concept and encourage exploration.
Interactive Practice Problems
Scored practice problems provide students with immediate feedback. If a student is unable to solve a practice problem, the program shows how to solve it correctly, step-by-step.
Algebra World's enrichment activities expand understanding of basic concepts and stir the imagination.
- Problem Solving
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Spatial Reasoning
- Proportional Reasoning
- Mathematical Connections Within Math
- Mathematical Connections Outside Math
- Develop Number Sense
- Develop Operation Sense
- Identify Patterns
- Develop Methods to Solve Linear Equations
- Students will develop and use algebraic problem solving skills.
- Understand the order-of-operations.
- Understand variables and expressions and be able to formulate them.
- Understand and solve first-order equations.
- Understand and be able to formulate ratios and rates.
- Understand and solve proportion and percent problems.
- Relate 2-Dimensional geometry and algebra.
- Understand formulas and their relationship to equations.
- Develop an appreciation and understanding of mathematical relationships to science, nature, art, engineering, and music.
- Develop multi-step reasoning and problem solving skills.
- Identify and use mathematical patterns.
The CD-ROM will run on both a Macintosh and a Windows machine.
Windows: 95, 98, ME, 2000 NT, XP.
Macintosh: OS 7.1 or higher.