Mighty MathHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Cosmic Geometry
Provide a solid foundation for high school geometry success!
Explore the attributes of shapes and solids, constructions and transformations, 2D and 3D coordinates, and more! Students learn geometry through creative assignments such as assembling robots and designing tessellation patterns.
- Virtual ManipulativesHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology help students make the connection between concrete and abstract concepts
- Grow Slides automatically present more advanced topics and problems.
- Robots Dance Through Geometric Transformations - Build robots and choreograph their actions in Octa, the octahedron's, Robot Studio. Use translations (slides), rotations (turns) and reflections (flips) to assemble your robot on a 2D coordinate grid, then make it dance in a 3D space. Predict and test solutions, search for patterns, and build spatial awareness as you direct and test your robot's moves.
- Sizzling Symmetrical Patterns Spring to Life - Choose a shape. Now pull it, stretch it and fill it with color or art in an interlocking, symmetrical pattern. You've made a tessellation! At the Tessellation Creation Station you develop artistic creativity while exploring shapes, patterns and symmetry.
- Explore Geometric Relationships in a 3D Maze - Enter Amazing Angles and help Dodeca the dodecahedron navigate the 3D labyrinth he calls home. Unlock secret rooms and discover new paths by solving for the relationships between length, angle, perimeter, area, dimension, surface area, and volume. Every path leads to new questions, and every question leads deeper into the maze.
- Graduate from the Geometry Academy - Enroll at the Geometry Academy to learn about geometry terminology and famous mathematicians, and experiment with "hands-on" geometric models. Hexa, the hexahedron and chief reference librarian for Planet Geometry, is your guide!
- Geometry Goes to the Movies - You're the director in GeoMovies! Tetra, the tetrahedron, provides tools you can use to solve problems and build intricate geometric constructions that you view as movies. "Scene" and "Ideas" buttons provide starting points for creative expression.
- Special Features! - The amazing 3D technology in Cosmic Geometry brings Planet Geometry and its polyhedral inhabitants to life. You'll have a blast exploring the 3D landscape of the main plaza as you navigate your new vehicle through fractal trees, around a polyhedral fountain, and past the unique features and buildings of the planet. Collect special tools to enhance your vehicle as you accomplish your tasks at each station. You can also create geometrical artwork and "publish" the results on the main plaza for others to see as they explore the planet's surface.
- Mighty Math's unique Grow Slide feature automatically records your progress and adjusts to guide your learning. The activities in Cosmic Geometry offer dozens of math topics and hundreds of problems. Grow Slides help 7th, 8th & 9th graders get the full benefit of the three years of math learning in every activity. As you learn and progress, the Grow Slides advance, offering more challenging problems. You or your parent can also set the difficulty of each activity or choose a specific topic related to schoolwork.
- Problem Solving & Reasoning
- Attributes of Shapes & Solids
- Geometric Constructions & Transformations
- 2D & 3D Coordinates
- Length, Perimeter, Area & Angles
- Surface Area & Volume
- Geometric Terminology & Notation
- Solving for Unknowns
- Mathematical Elements of Art
This product contains Universal Access features including TouchWindow and Single Switch compatibility to address a variety of learning styles and abilities.
Flexible Site Licenses require a minimum of 25 CD (Workstation) purchase - per site.
Mighty MathHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Cosmic Geometry from Riverdeep
WindowsHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Requires:
486/33MHz or better
8 MB RAM
9 MB available disk space
SVGA, 640x480, 256 colors
Win-compatible sound card
MacintoshHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Requires:
68030/25MHz, 68040 or PowerPC
8 MB RAM
9 MB available disk space
640x480, 256 colors