Four comprehensive overview CD's, each with nearly all the content of the sets of 3 Discover! CDs. Lacks the Video Documentaries and one narrated test level in the Main Chapters.
Weather Fundamentals from EOA Scientific Systems topics include:
- Get a view of the weather as a global system.
- See Earth's atmosphere as air masses in motion that interact to produce our weather.
- Look at the water cycle, cloud formation, cloud types, and warm and cold fronts.
- Global, regional and local patterns and how they are influenced by geography.
Extreme Weather from EOA Scientific Systems topics include:
- What makes storms?
- Why do some storms become so dangerous?
- Get inside a thunder cell, a tornado and a hurricane.
- See where the jet stream fits into the picture.
- Learn where storms get and release their energy.
- The human and economic impacts of severe weather events.
Weather Forecasting and Climate Change from EOA Scientific Systems topics include:
- See how local weather observations, weather charts and satellite data come together to predict a great day at the beach.
- Build your own backyard weather station.
- Learn how remote sensing of the oceans and the atmosphere - coupled with historic weather data - allow us to look into the past in order to predict Earth's future climate.
ScienceSchoolHouse's new Discover!Series for grades 6-8 and 9-12, with the following features and components:
1. Interactive multimedia tutorials: Each CD includes up to 200 screens with text and pictures/illustrations plus interactive exercises and lots of video clips. All core text is fully narrated (with an on/off option). Built to pedagogically correct standards with appendices for advanced research.
2. Two text levels: Students can toggle between grades 9-12 and grades 6-8 text levels or stay at one of the two text levels throughout. All vocabulary checked for age appropriateness.
3. 3D Virtual Laboratory: Select samples, instruments, tools, planets and natural environments. Design and perform dynamic, discovery oriented experiments, then analyze and plot data to confirm or deny hypotheses. Each student learns by doing science and being a scientist. Free upgrades for one year from purchase.
4. One 30-minute, high-resolution, digital video on each CD, with content indexing and one-click navigation.
5. Quizzes for the students and Test Banks for teachers.
6. Teacher's Guides and state and national curriculum correlations on the CDs.
Weather Explorer - from EOA Scientific Systems