Skill Navigator Language Arts from Riverdeep
Assess skills and prepare students for success on standardized tests.
Assess skills and prepare students for success on standardized tests. The Skill Navigator Series offers a complete, computer-based test preparation solution for grades 9-12. With Skill Navigator(TM) Language Arts, students practice and reinforce over 50 key language arts, reading, and writing skills; and perfect over 25 test-taking strategies. Quizzes and practice tests include multiple-choice and extended response. Multi-part questions utilize prompts and model responses to help students evaluate their answers and thought processes. Writing/essay questions are tied to a grading rubric used in evaluating answer choices. VocabLab feature uses sentence completion, synonym, antonym, and analogy to build and reinforce vocabulary skills.
Skill Navigator programs diagnose students' skills based on state assessment test standards and offer a customized curriculum designed to help students prepare for state or exit exams. Skill Navigator Language Arts includes an initial skills assessment, a customized curriculum and study plan for each student based on the initial diagnostic test, self-paced online tutorials, effective test-taking strategies, continuous practice assessments and coaching and support through online mentors.
- Initial Skills Assessment - diagnostic tools determine baseline skill levels and measure preparedness across key learning objectives
- Customized curriculum and study plan - displays week-by-week lessons and assignments to help each student manage his/her learning process
- Self-paced tutorials - course libraries include individual lesson plans and quizzes on over 200 math, reading, writing and language arts skills covered on major standardized tests
- Effective test-taking strategies - lessons and quizzes guide students through test-taking tips and strategies
- Continuous practice assessments - multiple full length practice tests assess mastery of learning objectives covered in the course library
- Printable summary pages - reinforce learning outside the classroom
- Progress Reporting - student and class reports measure student performance on all diagnostic, quizzes and practice tests
- Teacher Resource Materials - include student activities, classroom strategies and student review sheets for all Skill Navigator learning units
- Learner Mode - Allows students to check their answers and review explanations as they go along
No Child Left Behind Features
- Supports NCLB mandates for math and reading achievement
- Provides practice and builds confidence for greater success on annual tests
- Assessments measure student attainment of core skills and serve as a predictor of student performance on state and district administered assessments
- Easy-to-use reporting tool provides evidence of Adequate Yearly Progress, including aggregation to the class level and disaggregation to the individual student
- Encourages parental involvement with reports that can be shared with families
This product contains Universal Access features including TouchWindow and Single Switch compatibility to address a variety of learning styles and abilities.
Flexible Site Licenses require a minimum of 25 CD (Workstation) purchase - per site.
Skill Navigator(TM) Language Arts from Riverdeep
Pentium 133 MHz+
32 MB RAM
Win-compatible sound card
OS 8.1-9.x; OS X (native)
32 MB; 128 MB for OS X RAM