Yenka PICs lets you write routines using simple flowcharts, and test them on-screen, before using them to program real PIC or PICAXE chips.
This product is a FREE download!
- Yenka PICs has new, easy-to-use flowchart programming interface, built around the powerful simulation in Crocodile Technology.
- Program chips by snapping flowchart elements together, and then click on them to edit their properties - like input status and variable values.
- To insert a new command, just drop it at the right place; it snaps in automatically, with no need to delete and redraw links.
- There are new commands, like 'Set Interrupt', which checks the inputs between each program step until a specified condition is satisfied.
Program real chips
Yenka PICs programs the following real chips directly:
• PICAXEs 08, 08M, 14M, 18, 18A, 18X, 28, 28A, 28X, 28X1
• PICs 16F627, 16F628, 16F84, 16F84A and 16F872.
Get the full version of Yenka PICs free
To help spread the news about Yenka, we're offering free copies of Yenka PICs for use at home or school!!!
Links with other Yenka products
Yenka PICs can be used on its own. It also works seamlessly with other Yenka products, sharing the same user interface:
- If you've got Yenka Electronics, you can design input and output circuits for your PIC or PICAXE, and test them with the chip.
- If you've also got Yenka PCBs, you can create and simulate PCB designs containing your programmed PIC chips, and export them for manufacture.
Now, there's "Instant" Yenka, a simplified way to access Yenka at home.
What has changed?
- It is not necessary to open a Yenka account and to use an activation key.
- We have taken away the teacher confirmation process (which made a lot of teachers give up).
- Students can download and activate the software themselves.
- Hobbyists and home-educators can also use Yenka at home for free.
How does it work? Follow these steps:
- Download the new Yenka plug-in from our website: http://www.yenka.com/downloads - Select "Home License" within the software.
- Enter your email address and occupation.
- Start using Yenka.
A Teacher License lets a named teacher use a Yenka product on one computer at a time. The licence also allows the teacher's students to use that product on other computers, but only while the teacher is present. This is limited to 40 students at a time.
A Site License permits employees and students of a school to use a Yenka product on all computers located at a single postal address. For very large schools (more than 2000 students) or for remote teaching please contact us for prices.