Discover!Astronomy Volume 2: Earth and the Inner Solar System from EOA Scientific Systems
- See the sun as a star within an environment that includes a family of planets.
- Sterile Mercury, baked Venus, spaceship Earth (and its blasted moon) and frigid Mars.
- Earth-based studies and robotic missions to the inner planets reveal clouds, craters, volcanoes and features unique to each planet.
ScienceSchoolHouse's new Discover!Series for grades 6-8 and 9-12, with the following features and components:
1. Interactive multimedia tutorials: Each CD includes up to 200 screens with text and pictures/illustrations plus interactive exercises and lots of video clips. All core text is fully narrated (with an on/off option). Built to pedagogically correct standards with appendices for advanced research.
2. Two text levels: Students can toggle between grades 9-12 and grades 6-8 text levels or stay at one of the two text levels throughout. All vocabulary checked for age appropriateness.
3. 3D Virtual Laboratory: Select samples, instruments, tools, planets and natural environments. Design and perform dynamic, discovery oriented experiments, then analyze and plot data to confirm or deny hypotheses. Each student learns by doing science and being a scientist. Free upgrades for one year from purchase.
4. One 30-minute, high-resolution, digital video on each CD, with content indexing and one-click navigation.
5. Quizzes for the students and Test Banks for teachers.
6. Teacher's Guides and state and national curriculum correlations on the CDs.