FumeFX is a groundbreaking solution for incredibly realistic and breathtaking effects with fire, smoke and explosions. This unique plug-in is a powerful gaseous fluid dynamics simulator created by industry leaders at Sitni Sati for seamless integration with Autodesk Media & Entertainment’s 3ds Max. Designed for use by visual effects artists, game developers, and visualization professionals who demand the utmost in realism, it is unrivalled in its ability to achieve the nuance and complexity of fluid gas behavior.
The key to the FumeFX difference is that it combines your specific aesthetic vision with real-world physics. Other plug-ins help users to fabricate artistic renditions of fire through complicated tweaking and animation of particles; the results of this time-consuming approach are ultimately limited by its basis on completely arbitrary factors. By contrast, FumeFX fire and smoke behave according to the laws of fluid dynamics and react to relevant physical forces, such as temperature and gravity; this means you can produce realistic voxel-based simulations with greater speed and ease than ever before. Furthermore, the combination of a dynamic feature set, intuitive user interface, and open architecture offer the performance and flexibility to enhance virtually any pipeline. Simply put, there is no other combustion effects tool that can compete with physics simulation power in this plug-in.
- Production proven results demonstrate this technology’s ability to achieve realistic smoke and fire effects for cutting-edge industry applications.
- FumeFX supplements the user’s artistic vision with the power of real-world physics for the ultimate in both style and realism.
- A multitude of parameters and FumeFX helpers give users incredible control of the fluid’s behavior and appearance.
- Easy to use, basic effects can be created with just a few clicks.
- Options include the use of powerful AFC and Gradient controls, which are unified through all Sitni Sati products.
- Plug-in design incorporates extensive support for Particle Flow and Thinking Particles.
- Dynamic simulations allow for bi-directional influence between FumeFX and particle systems.
- Advanced scripting is possible with almost every aspect of FumeFX, including access to all simulation data.
- FumeFX is capable of dynamic interaction with other scene objects.
- finalRender GI support
- Start simulations from scratch or by using other simulation results as starting point.
- Stop, pause and continue simulations at any point.
- Simulation is multithreaded user can select how many CPU’s to dedicate to simulation.
- Simulations beyond available memory can be swapped to disk.
- User can watch the simulation progress in the interactive Preview Window.
- Draft simulations can be created in mere minutes for fast previewing.
- User has control of which data will be written to output files for rendering and other uses.
- The Preview Window gives users almost instant feedback on render settings.
- Fast self-shadowing is produced through an Illumination Map.
- A highly efficient Multiple Scattering model enhances light dispersion throughout fluid
- Fluid Mapping integrates procedural map details with fluid motion.
Media Type: Plug-ins
Host Application: 3ds max
Host Version: Max 7.x -> 2008
Operating System: Windows