Cisco 500 Series Wireless Express products make it easy to set up and manage your wireless network so employees can stay connected wherever they need to work--at their desks, in conference rooms, or on the warehouse floors. You can also offer secure guest access to visitors.
Cisco 500 Series Wireless Express supports:
- Productivity: Offer wireless access to customers, vendors, and contractors while still keeping company resources highly secure. You can also offer voice and data communications over the wireless network for employees on Wi-Fi phones and PDAs.
- Flexibility: Start with a few access points (APs) for basic coverage and wireless applications, and add APs and a Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller for more coverage and advanced mobility services.
- Manageability: Ensure the best network performance and the most complete wireless coverage of your building. Configuration software is included to simplify AP set up. Management and AP configuration for multiple APs is automated with the Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller.
- Security: Get a broad range of standards-based encryption and user authentication to ensure a secure environment that is compatible with your mobile client devices.
- Interoperability: Works with Cisco Smart Business Communications System for a complete voice, video, wired and wireless network solution designed just for you.
Cisco 500 Series Wireless Express offers a range of features including:
- Flexible network configurations that grow with your mobility needs
- Support for multiple security standards
- Easy set-up of secure guest Internet access
- Voice communications over wireless networks
- Streamlined set-up and management
- Integrates with the Cisco Smart Business Communications System
Models 521 and 526
The Cisco 521 Wireless Express Access Points are single-band 802.11g access points equipped with integrated antennas. These access points are ideal for delivering standards-based security and high-performance wireless connectivity for small to medium-sized businesses (SMBs) with carpeted offices and similar environments.
The Cisco 521 Wireless Express Access Point provides:
- Standards-based, enterprise-class security
- Exceptional range and productivity
- Simultaneous air monitoring and traffic delivery
- Simplified management with the Cisco Configuration Assistant
The Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller is a network appliance designed to optimize the wireless network of small and medium-sized businesses.
The mobility controller can be used with up to six access points per controller and up to two controllers per network.
The Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller provides:
- A cost-effective solution for small and medium-sized business environments
- Standards based enterprise-class security
- Simplified network deployment and management with automated radio resource features
- Centralized management with the Cisco Configuration Assistant
- Advanced mobility services readiness to support secure Internet guest access and optimized voice over Wi-Fi
*Image is the Cisco 526 Wireless Express Mobility Controller