Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
Introducing fully networkable, modular K-12 math programs which enable teachers to access and focus individual student's math progress on the computer.
As an exercise is finished, a report is generated detailing the student's performance. Each module can produce an unlimited number of problems on that specific topic as an on-screen computer exercise or as a supplemental printed worksheet. The Series is ideal for full stand-alone teaching, testing in labs or distributed environments, or at home for home-school use.
Designed to be text and curriculum independent - the Math Mentor Series accommodates Kindergarten through Middle School mathematics instruction nationwide. The series is modular in nature, permitting the teacher to focus and assess each student's individual performance on specific mathematical concepts.
Each module allows printed and on-screen testing/assessment, generating an answer key for each test and thereby eliminating the necessity to calculate answers.
The teacher determines the test length and subject range criteria. Once a test design is created it can be saved as a template. Modify the criteria and new tests can be created covering the same material.
Here are Some of the Teacher-Controlled Features
- Unlimited vertical or horizontal problems
- Variable number and decimal places
- Compound problem creation
- Solve for "x"
- Calculator enabling
- Elect to include multiple choice
Math Mentor Series: Measurement tests may be further refined by:
- Determine which & how many operands in problem
- Selecting Metric, English, or both
- Defining measuring options (e.g. pan vs. analog in weight)
- Allow graphing problems & set parameters
- Allow conversion problems
When used in the on-screen mode, a database of student performance is created for tracking and assessment. The program is designed for a range of conditions from stand-alone teaching to fully distributed network environments running Microsoft Windows 95 and Windows NT.
Complete Teacher's Guide for designing tests and sample tests included.
- Award-winning, eye-catching, full color illustrations, animations, and graphics.
- Multiple track audio with correct pronunciation, encouragement and rewards.
- Timely navigational instructions.
- Teacher selectable music and audio controls.
- Teacher selectable auto-difficulty leveling.
- Classroom management - students can be identified by name in the program and the progress for each student is separately maintained for later reference by the teacher.
Minimum System Requirements: Stand Alone CD (Windows/Mac System 9 Classic)
Program is provided on a Win/Mac or Windows only CD and will run on Windows 2K , XP, and Vista. Macintosh System 9 Classic platforms (OS 9 Classic). CD must remain in drive to run program.
- Windows: Pentium II or higher, 32 MB RAM, Windows compatible sound card recommended. 8x CD-ROM drive or greater.
- Macintosh: PowerPC, System 9x, 32MB RAM, 256 colors or greater, 8x CD-Rom drive. OS X users, titles will run on systems which support OS9 Classic.
Math Mentor Series: Measurement from Optimum Resource