Announcing Network Composer Version 8.3
As critical applications migrate to the web and filter avoidance technologies become more robust, organizations face greater challenges in controlling Internet resources. With the release of Network Composer Version 8.3, Cymphonix delivers the leading technology for ensuring that bandwidth is available for critical traffic, non-critical and detrimental activity is contained, and users remain productive. This release also addresses the needs of larger organizations that need more robust Internet controls. Network Composer is the leading solution for prioritizing and controlling both critical and non-critical Internet traffic - whether it be application or web browsing traffic.
Network Composer Version 8.3 introduces enhanced capabilities for:
Active filter avoidance technology seeks out filter bypass methods and categorizes them automatically
- Filter Avoidance Security
Enhanced logic for referral URLs considers the attributes of referring pages when categorizing filter avoidance resources
Benefits: These industry-leading approaches eliminate the time and effort normally required to keep anonymous proxy lists up-to-date. Administrators are ensured that filter bypass technologies are updated with the latest signatures so that users don’t bypass the filter.
Throughput capacity of up to 200 Mbps on the new DC60X and DC60XS
- Higher User and Throughput Capacity
User License capacity of up to 50,000 users for DC30X through DC60XS models
Report performance increase for URL Details and Time Online reports
Benefits: Medium-enterprise organizations and larger school districts can now enjoy the benefits of controlling the entire Internet data stream with a single appliance. Reporting performance produces optimized reporting results - making it easy to get the reports you need quickly and efficiently.
Full synchronization between your Active Directory server and Network Composer for security groups, organization units, attributes, custom LDAP search queries and multiple domains
- Directory Synchronization
Single-location group and attribute management
Benefits: Full synchronization makes it easy to manage policies - saving administrators time and improving policy application accuracy.
Single sign-on support for Citrix/Terminal Server, NTLM and IP Lookup
- Web Authentication Controls
Web authentication sign-on page option
Benefits: This new feature ensures user activity is tracked and policy is applied, even if the user is not currently logged into the domain. For environments where visitors or wireless users access Internet resources via the network, this provides security policy reinforcement - even if the administrator doesn’t require domain authentication.
Import/Export of black lists and white lists
New Internet Usage Rule management console
Benefits: Export, backup and import black list entries and white list entries for faster setup and administration within Network Composer. This approach provides administrators with the confidence that filtering rules are accurate when creating a new policy or restoring an old one. The new design and layout of the IUR management console improves administrative load time and efficiency.
Network Composer DC10, Up to 2 Mbps Bandwidth
The Network Composer DC10 delivers enterprise-class Internet controls to small business organizations and branch offices. The DC10 was built specifically to provide these organizations with a comprehensive approach to controlling their T1 connection.
If you're interested in controlling Internet content or getting better performance out of your limited bandwidth, the DC10 delivers exactly what you need. The same feature set that is offered in Cymphonix's high-throughput, high-capacity devices is included in the DC10 to ensure your Internet connection performs like it should.
Network Composer DC10 Features:
Internet Content Filtering:
Network Composer's content filtering capabilities for small and medium-sized organizations are unsurpassed. Network Composer uses an optimized balance of URL categorization, keyword scanning and dynamic content analysis to give you full, CIPA-compliant filtering.
- Broad URL Categorization: 56 categories that provide granular control and reporting of user activity
- URL Database Matching: Commonly used sites are matched against a comprehensive database
- URL Keyword Search: New or dynamically changing URLs pass through a rapid keyword search for on-the-fly analysis
- Dynamic Content Analysis: New or dynamically changing Web pages are scanned dynamically to keep up in real time with the ever changing Internet
- Search Engine SafeSearch Enforcement: Enforces safesearch on all major search engines
- Customizable User and Group Policies: Set content filtering and content control policies by individual user or group
Secure Web Traffic Filtering:
- Because Network Composer is an in-line device that delivers deep-packet scanning, it also provides unparalleled content filtering over secure browsing traffic like HTTPS. Network Composer can terminate SSL sessions to decrypt, scan and recrypt secure web content.
- Full HTTPS Content Filtering: Full content inspection for HTTPS sites, database match, URL key work search and Dynamic Content Analysis
- Certificate Verification: Checks SSL certificates for appropriate authorization to block sites with spoofed certificates
- SSL Certificate Filter with Deny Access Page: Unique to Network Composer, the device can display a blocked page for secured sites that have been blocked due to certificate violations
Filter Avoidance Controls:
The most robust filter avoidance controls for small and medium sized organizations, Network Composer stops even the most complicated and newest filter avoidance mechanisms
- Filter Avoidance Daily Updates: Active technology searches filter avoidance threats and sends daily updates to your device, so you don't have to maintain a blocked list
- Filter Avoidance Dynamic Content Analysis: Anonymous proxies and filter avoidance sites get blocked automatically by our dynamic content analysis engine
Content Shaping and Prioritization:
Set bandwidth limits or prioritize bandwidth for any website, category, MIME type and file type. These new controls prevent non-critical traffic from utilizing bandwidth resources that should be going to critical traffic. For example, administrators can set policy to limit resources available for a social networking site whenever bandwidth is needed for access to the organization's customer relationship management site.
Network Composer users Layer 7 application matching technology to make it easy to control how much bandwidth is allocated to specific applications. So, regardless of the port packets are passing through, the device can categorize the traffic and apply policy accordingly. This superior approach to controlling application traffic allows for better blocking of malicious applications while prioritizing resources for critical applications.
- Application Blocking: Completely block applications that you don't want passing traffic over your Internet connection
- Dynamic Application Bandwidth Control: Dynamically prioritize bandwidth based on priority. This way non-critical traffic can still pass as long as it doesn't interfere with critical traffic.
- Layer 7 Application Signatures: Accurately identifies applications even if they're trying to hide
- Detection of Port Hopping Applications: Deep packet inspection ensures that port hopping applications like IM and peer-to-peer are properly identified
- Application Monitoring: Watch application traffic in real time or historically to find out what applications require the most resources
Bandwidth Shaping and Prioritization:
Unlike port-based rate limiting, Network Composer employs dynamic bandwidth shaping that creates very efficient and dynamic bandwidth usage. But that's not all. Network Composer includes a full suite of bandwidth control tools.
- Group Shaping: Prioritize or limit the amount of bandwidth available to a specific group of users. Group shaping also allows for dynamic bandwidth prioritization so that less critical groups get access to bandwidth as long as it's not needed by critical groups
- User Shaping: Similar to group shaping, prioritize or limit bandwidth to individual users - even dynamically based on priority
Internet Threat Control:
Stop Internet threats from impacting your network. Network Composer includes industry-leading anti-spyware capabilities for both blocking and cleaning spyware.
URL Spyware Database: The fastest way to stop known spyware sites is through database matching. Network Composer leverages the industry-leading Sunbelt Software CounterSpy? database
The challenge with only using a database to protect against spyware is that unknown threats can get through, but this isn't the case with Network Composer. It looks deep into the packet payload for spyware in file downloads and page loads - regardless of the URL.
Network Composer also cleans machines of spyware. Simply browse to http://spyware.cymphonix.com, run the ActiveX control and you're clean - with no client to install or maintain.
Network Composer provides administrators with visibility into highly granular details and high level summary reports. Get all the information you need on user activity, application traffic and threat sources.
Total Internet Traffic
Application Traffic, Total, Application set and application detail
Web Browsing by URL, Category and User
Top Internet Users
- Historic Reporting - Comprehensive Reporting for:
Top Bandwidth Users
And much more!
- Report Broadcasts - Send regularly scheduled reports to those who need them - so they can make the right decisions for your organization.
FREE 4GB Apple iPod Nano with Video!
120,000 web requests/hour
Up to 2 Mbps HTTP Requests
Up to 0.5 Mbps Encrypted Web Traffic
250 Maximum IP Hosts
120,000 IP Flows
Web Requests 120,000 requests/hour - 1.5Mbps HTTP Requests
Maximum IP hosts 200
Maximum IP flows 120,000
Browser IE 6.0 or higher
Network Interface 10/100 RJ45 - 2 ports
Console Ports Male DB-9 RS232 - 1; RJ45 10/100 - 1
Device Management DB-9 Console Port; HyperTerminal RJ45 Console Port; Web GUI, SSH/Telnet