SmartFilter EDU from Secure Computing
The market leading Web filtering tool, SmartFilter enables educational organizations to build and enforce sophisticated Web- usage policies, preserve network bandwidth and reduce Web- related legal liability. With options from informing users real- time on policies to denying access to specific sites, SmartFilter creates a positive, productive Web culture in any organization.
SmartFilter can help protect organizations from risks associated with employee Internet use. SmartFilter helps reduce legal liability and limit exposure to security risks such as viruses and malware, while increasing productivity and preserving your bandwidth for business related activities.
The Web you want. The control you need.
While the Internet expands your organization's reach, unlimited access to the Web can negatively impact individuals, network performance, and your bottom line. SmartFilter enables organizations to understand and monitor their Internet use, while taking effective steps to provide appropriate control over outbound Web access.
- Reduce legal liability, security risks, loss of productivity, and wasted bandwidth
- Protect against viruses and malicious software invading your network through employee downloads
- Rely on the industry's best-rated URL database
- Understand your organization's Web usage with powerful reporting capabilities
- Save time with filtering solutions that are simple to install and easy to administer
- Deploy a filtering solution that fits directly into your network architecture
Protect your entire organization with effective Web filtering
Filtering is becoming increasingly important for many groups within your organization:
- Employers must create a non-hostile workplace - blocking access to pornographic, violent, or prejudicial content.
- Managers need to keep staffs productive, eliminating unnecessary distractions of online shopping, gambling, instant messaging, and so on.
- Educators must keep schools and libraries safe and comply with regulations such as the federal Children's Internet Protection Act (CIPA).
- IT administrators need to guard against the security risks and bandwidth drains of unrestricted access to peer-to-peer (P2P) sites, unauthorized downloads of files, or visits to sites where PCs and networks can be exposed to viruses and malicious software.
SmartFilter products meet the needs of all of these groups with a system that is powerful, easy to use, simple to manage, and highly affordable.
Rely on the industry's best URL database
Internet access is managed through the dynamic SmartFilter Control List, a database of many millions of Web sites organized into different categories for flexible policy enforcement options. We have increased the number of categories significantly to provide even more comprehensive and granular coverage, including security (spyware, malware, P2P), confidentiality (chat, IM), and bandwidth management (Internet radio/TV, streaming media).
Secure Computing's Control List database is screened and updated by a highly experienced team of Web Analysts, who use automated tools and multi-lingual skills to review Web sites in over 60 languages. The Control List is updated daily and automatically downloaded by your SmartFilter product.
Understand your organization's Web usage with this powerful reporting solution
Reporting is a key element of any Web filtering solution, and SmartFilter products include powerful reporting capabilities. With SmartReporter, you can quickly understand how your organization is using the Web, monitor bandwidth use, isolate problems, document inappropriate Web activity, and tailor your filtering settings to effectively enforce your Web usage policies.
SmartReporter provides an easy-to-use Web based interface that delivers immediate access to the information you need. Drill-down capabilities provide real-time feedback and instant snap-shots on your organization’s Web usage and trends by category, location, or individual. Management, HR, or other staff can run full color charts without any IT involvement.
When users log in to SmartReporter, they are presented with a top-level overview of recent Web activity - and can readily access more detail - even without running a report. Or, when reports are desired, they can be scheduled and distributed via email to specific staff.
Simple to install - easy to manage
Installation is fast and simple with any SmartFilter product you choose. For On-Box™ implementations, no additional hardware or network configuration changes are required. For off-box installations, you can select the platform that best fits with your existing infrastructure. With all SmartFilter products, you save time and money, increasing your value of ownership.
The intuitive interface lets you pick and choose the categories you wish to implement, and customize your policies according to users and groups you specify. For example, you can deny access to gambling and pornography sites for your entire organization, while allowing access to travel or sports sites to certain departments or users during lunch hours. You can also easily create user defined categories that allow you to filter sites not included in the Control List, or exempt any site that you would like specific groups or individuals to access.
SmartFilter products give you the complete flexibility you want and total control you need to manage your individual Web access policy.
Deploy a filtering solution that fits directly into your network architecture
SmartFilter products fit seamlessly into almost any network environment. With over 30 supported platforms, SmartFilter products offer the widest range of deployment options to match your exact network needs.
SmartFilter is primarily an On-Box filtering solution for organizations and enterprises of all sizes.
All SmartFilter subscriptions include:
- SmartFilter software
- control list updates
- 24 x 7 customer support
- all software upgrades
- Available for 50 to 99,999 users, 50-user minimum purchase.
- Available in 1, 2 or 3 year SmartFilter subscriptions.
- All educational institutions in K- 12, higher education, libraries and non-profit organizations qualify for this educational pricing.
- Note: A "User" equals a filtered workstation. If multiple people share a single workstation (e. g. schools, libraries, shift workers) then this would count as 1 "User" on the price card.
- Purchase orders must include the name of the end- user institution.
Please call our dedicated Sales Team for more details and a quote at 800-527-7638.
SmartFilter from Secure Computing