Adobe Flash CS3 Professional ActionScript Essentials Total Training
Get up and running on the newest version of ActionScript, which is included with Flash CS3. If you are new to ActionScript 3.0, this series shows you how to make your Flash applications more dynamic by using the scripting language to add interactivity and control effects. If you are already familiar with ActionScript 2 from Flash 7 or 8, our video tutorials help you make the switch with minimum effort with updates about the new changes in naming, syntax and Class structure.
Note: If you would like to learn how to use ActionScript 1 or 2, there are two series that cover these topics. While these tutorials are demonstrated in Flash 8 Pro, your applications still work just as well with Flash CS3 Professional:
Advanced Flash Professional 8: ActionScript
Advanced Flash Professional 8: Next Level ActionScript
- Review the Panel basics in ActionScript 3 and see how to set up the ActionScript preferences, using the Reference Library and the Script Selection panel.
- Learn how to use dot syntax notation and how to write ActionScript 3 structures, and find out how to debug them when things go wrong.
- Discover how to use properties and methods for ActionScript 3 built in classes for complete control of MovieClips, TextFields and Sounds.
- Build event handlers for ActionScript 3 built-in classes to add interactivity and respond to both user generated events as well as program events like sounds and data loading.
- Make and use your own custom classes so you can modify existing classes like custom buttons, and get more reusability from your applications and animated MovieClips.
John UllimanJohn Ulliman is an authorized instructor for the Adobe Creative Suite of tools and principal of his own project development company, where he works closely with the major multimedia software companies. John has been teaching ever since he first started using a computer. Currently, John focuses on the products he uses to make animation magic work, with the intention to bring as much practical experience to his lessons as possible.
Format: DVD (ROM)
Platform: Windows & MAC OS
Experience Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Running Time: 8.5 Hrs, 2 DVDs
Project Files: Included