Microsoft Exchange Online is a hosted enterprise messaging solution based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007.
It provides the following:
- Improved e-mail security
- “From-anywhere” access to e-mail for your employees
- Enhanced operational efficiency for your IT staff
Exchange Online leverages our knowledge of Microsoft products, best practices developed with customers and partners, and our global infrastructure to deliver world-class, mission-critical service.
Messaging is now a mission critical application for business, but delivering a feature-rich messaging service is challenging.
Regulatory requirements are becoming increasingly complex. Merger and divestiture activities require rapid adjustment of service capacity. Good technical expertise is in high demand. The “buy versus build” economics are changing. Microsoft Exchange Online is a Microsoft hosted enterprise messaging service based on Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 that helps deliver the protection your company demands and the anywhere access employees want. Exchange Online leverages our knowledge of Microsoft products, best practices developed with customers and partners, and experience from operating Microsoft’s internal corporate messaging to deliver a world-class, mission-critical service. Microsoft handles setup, provisioning, ongoing maintenance and upgrades of your Exchange Server Infrastructure reducing workload on your IT resources and enabling them to focus on core strategic initiatives that move your business forward.
How it Works
Exchange Online leverages geographically dispersed data centers. Each data center houses a reliable redundant infrastructure needed to support the service. Exchange Online helps simplify IT management by removing customers’ need to deploy, configure, monitor and update/upgrade an e-mail solution on premises. For customers with on premises active directory, the directory synchronization tool helps keep the on premises and online Active Directories in sync. This enables IT departments to support a mix of users from the on premises e-mail server and users from the online service. We provide migration tools that help in moving your company mailbox data into the Microsoft Online environment. With Microsoft Exchange Online, your enterprise can be up and running quickly.
Microsoft offers a comprehensive messaging solution with a simple per-user monthly fee.
Key features include:
· 1GB mailbox (additional storage available for purchase), shared calendar, contacts, tasks.
· Outlook Client Connectivity including Outlook Anywhere.
· Outlook Web Access.
· Virus/Spam filtering via Exchange Hosted Filtering.
· Push e-mail for Windows Mobile 6.0 devices.
· Built in business continuity and disaster recovery capabilities.
· 99.9% scheduled uptime with financially backed service level agreements.
· Use of https helps keep Internet access secure.
· 24/7 Web form and phone based Tier-2 support for IT Administrators
· Sign-In Tool for single sign on capability.
· Directory Synchronization Tool helps keep on-premise and online Active Directories in sync.
· Coexistence — ability for some users to be on mail servers on premises and for some to be online.
· Migration Tools help you move your current mailbox data into the online environment.
- Windows Vista Business (SP1)
- Windows Vista Enterprise (SP1)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (SP1)
- Windows XP Professional (SP2)
- Windows XP Tablet (SP2)