Yenka is a new generation of educational modelling tools from Crocodile Clips. Yenka Programming is the latest Yenka tool, and has been developed from the acclaimed Crocodile ICT.
- Yenka Programming has been developed from the acclaimed Crocodile ICT.
- A simple flowchart interface lets you control either human characters or on-screen animations, making programming easily accessible to all.
It's a novel way to teach about control, starting with the basic concept of a sequence of steps, and moving on to loops, variables and functions.
Start your flowchart
- Each character has many different actions - dance steps, movements and interactions - which can be programmed using flowcharts.
- Link as many commands as you wish, in any order, and edit parameters with a click.
Test and refine
- Errors are highlighted and explained as your program runs, and a monitor shows variable values changing. You can step through commands at your own pace.
Synchronize your dancers to music
- Add a backing track for your characters to dance to - we've included 23 for you to choose from, or you can import your own tracks. A simple slider lets you synchronise your dancers to the beat.
Import your own 3D objects
- Yenka's 3D environment lets you control your characters, and view their actions, in full 3D.
- Yenka Programming lets you import 3D models from Google Sketchup - so you can create a 3D virtual world for your characters to inhabit!
Free upgrades until 2012
For any Yenka product you buy, you'll get free upgrades until July 2012.
Also, there's no recurring subscription cost - once you've purchased, you can use the software on any computer in your school.
Schools using Crocodile ICT can take advantage of special upgrade offers:
*If you purchased Crocodile ICT after 1 August 2008. you'll get a free upgrade to Yenka Programming
*If you purchased a Crocodile ICT site licence before 1 August 2008, you'll get 50% off the standard price when purchasing Yenka Programming.
Call 800-527-7638 for more information!
Now, there's "Instant" Yenka, a simplified way to access Yenka at home.
What has changed?
- It is not necessary to open a Yenka account and to use an activation key.
- We have taken away the teacher confirmation process (which made a lot of teachers give up).
- Students can download and activate the software themselves.
- Hobbyists and home-educators can also use Yenka at home for free.
How does it work? Follow these steps:
- Download the new Yenka plug-in from our website: http://www.yenka.com/downloads - Select "Home License" within the software.
- Enter your email address and occupation.
- Start using Yenka.
Yenka System Requirements
The system requirements for running Yenka on a Windows PC are:
Windows XP (32-bit), Vista (32-bit) or later
Pentium III, 1 GHz or higher
Graphics card with OpenGL support and up-to-date drivers. We recommend at least 32MB of graphics card memory.
16-bit soundcard optional
The system requirements for running Yenka on an Apple Mac are:
OS X 10.4 or later
1.25 GHz PowerPC G4 or higher, or any Intel Mac
Recommendations to enhance performance
As Yenka is a complex program that combines both 2D and 3D graphics into a single simulator, its performance may vary significantly, depending on the hardware specification of your PC.
A Teacher License lets a named teacher use a Yenka product on one computer at a time. The licence also allows the teacher's students to use that product on other computers, but only while the teacher is present. This is limited to 40 students at a time.
A Site License permits employees and students of a school to use a Yenka product on all computers located at a single postal address. For very large schools (more than 2000 students) or for remote teaching please contact us for prices.