Strawberry Shortcake and her Berry Best Friends
In the delicious and delightful world of Strawberryland lives Strawberry Shortcake - a sweet but spunky little redhead with enough optimism to fill a strawberry field! She really believes things are growing better all the time and puts her heart and soul into seeing that things improve for everyone she meets. Unfortunately Strawberry Shortcake has lost her scrapbook with all her memories and tokens of friendship. She decides to try to collect the things again and make a new scrapbook. Join Strawberry as she visits her friends and collect tokens of friendship for the new book by being a good friend and helping them out! Along with her friends Strawberry celebrates the joys of each day and encourages little girls to be little girls! In this fun adventure players get to use their imagination, creativity and hand-eye coordination skills all whilst having lots of fun and learning about the value of friendship!
- More than 100 items to collect for Strawberry Shortcake’s scrapbook.
- Play with the wonderful characters of Strawberry Shortcake universe.
- Ten fun games including two games with high scores and a freestyle design game.
- Three levels of difficulty.
- Lots of sweet printouts to color.
- Parental control for playing time.
Strawberry Shortcake and Her Berry Best Friends is brimming with multi-level activities appropriate for fans.
Kids choose activities to play in Strawberry Land, earning items for Strawberry Shortcake's new scrapbook as they do. Players choose a level of difficulty as they enter each activity.
Strawberry's cat and dog have made a mess of her home. Players need to find specific items in order to earn a token in this activity (pictured above).
Kids select their reward and that item appears in the scrapbook. It's rather easy to earn rewards, but there are many to earn for each activity.
At Rainbow Float, musical notes are highlighted on a rainbow as the Toucan sings along. However, the bird doesn't remember some parts of a song when he repeats it, and children need to choose notes in order to complete the song--clever!
- Children copy patterns in cake decorating and cookie-making activities.
- A tree-planting activity is similar--children need to plant trees with the same shape, color, and pattern as the ones Strawberry Shortcake wants in her garden. The Apple Dumplin' activity is special--children are given clues as to where Apple Dumplin' is hiding. The clues take the form of the shape, decorations, pattern, and color of the tree where the baby can be found.
- The Honey Pie horse-racing activity is good, but the difficulty level (even on the lowest level) seems a bit high in comparison to those of the other activities in the game. Children need to add and/or subtract numbers in order to determine the horse who has the best odds of winning the race.
- In another activity, Blueberry Muffin relates an interactive story, and kids need to listen in order to find her lost puppy, Cheesecake.
This program boasts a very encouraging format. Children receive positive feedback whether they've successfully completed an activity or not. For example, when a cookie failed to match the given design, kids were told that it "tastes good anyway". Children are never penalized for mistakes--if they want to earn the token, they simply need to repeat the activity.
Minimum System Requirements:
Windows 98: Pentium II; 64 MB of RAM; 4x CD-ROM drive; Mouse; SoundBlaster card or 100% compatible;
Windows XP: Pentium III; 128 MB of RAM; 4x CD-ROM drive; Mouse; SoundBlaster card or 100% compatible;
Mac OS 9.2: G3; 64 MB of RAM; CD-ROM drive; Mouse;
Mac OS X 10.1.5, 10.2.6 and 10.3: G3; 64 MB of RAM; CD-ROM drive; Mouse;