As an entirely web based solution NetSupport ServiceDesk is easily integrated into your existing IT infrastructure, providing your customers and service desk operatives with a quick and convenient system for initiating, tracking and resolving reported incidents.
With an intuitive multi-lingual interface, automated workflow processing and support for mobile devices, NetSupport ServiceDesk rises to the challenges that face the modern service desk.
The key to effective Incident Management is being able minimise the impact on day-to-day business operations, restoring normal service as quickly and efficiently as possible. NetSupport ServiceDesk's automated workflow processes help you achieve this by delivering the following as standard:
- Customers can log incidents on-line and review current status in real time.
- Automated Incoming/Outgoing email processing.
- Automatic assignment of incidents to operators based on pre-defined customer rules for either Problem Type or User Type.
- Automatic escalation of incidents based on customer specific rules.
- Structured notes history for an incident with source identifiers (telephone, email and more) for each additional entry within the items lifecycle.
- Full Hardware and Software Inventory information for each user's system.
- Attach, store and associate files to an incident.
- Avoid duplicating effort by connecting multiple related incidents.
- Automatic priority assignment for new incidents.
- Accurate recording of time spent dealing with incidents.
- Prioritised Help Requests for users and incident types together with easy operator allocation.
- Help Request Logging with customisable categories for easy input.
- Pre-populated Solutions database enables customers to search for an answer before they log an incident.
Information is key and one of the main principles of NetSupport ServiceDesk is to offer you the means for capturing comprehensive statistics, ensuring you are fully informed in order to make effective decisions.
However, the data gathered must be made available in an intuitive and user friendly format otherwise the efficiency benefits gained from implementing NetSupport ServiceDesk will be cancelled out by the time spent filtering this information and manipulating it into a useable format.
NetSupport ServiceDesk offers great flexibility by providing two 'styles' of report:
- The reports dashboard enables you to manipulate data to suit your specific needs. On-Screen results are provided in a tabular and/or Bar and Pie chart format. Multiple reports can be presented side by side for easy comparison.
- Print optimised reports, powered by a Crystal Report engine, provide additional pre-defined management reports. The information can be exported in a variety of formats.
NetSupport ServiceDesk helps you introduce a set of defined methods and procedures for the efficient and prompt handling of change requests. Automated workflow processes ensure appropriate communication, reporting and approval mechanisms are in place at each stage of the lifecycle.
Active Directory synchronisation.
- Allow end users to generate ServiceDesk logon accounts or restrict generation of end user accounts to Administrators and ServiceDesk operators.
- Import user departments and companies from other systems into NetSupport ServiceDesk.
- Assign ServiceDesk operators to specific Companies and Departments in the user hierarchy.
- Pre-define the members of a Change Advisory Board (CAB) for each category of change request.
The key to successful Problem Management is being able to reduce the volume of incidents being logged in the first place. NetSupport ServiceDesk enables you to proactively investigate and resolve the root cause of issues, leading to:
- Improved reliability of Services.
- A reduction in the volume of reported incidents thus lightening the load on your Service Desk.
- Delivery of permanent solutions rather than constant workarounds.
- Improved customer satisfaction.
- Increased knowledge within the service desk.
Problem Managers can utilise a range of tools, including report dashboards and advanced searching, to help them identify trends and link related incidents to a problem. Once a resolution is found, the relevant incidents are automatically closed.
NetSupport ServiceDesk integrates seamlessly with other NetSupport and 3rd party Network Management solutions to provide you with the range of complementary tools you need to provide a complete support offering:
Support For Mobile Devices
- Direct integration with NetSupport DNA Asset Management Suite.
- Direct integration with NetSupport Manager Remote Control.
NetSupport ServiceDesk now provides built-in support for mobile devices ensuring that operators working remotely can still receive and update incidents.
NetSupport ServiceDesk will automatically detect when it is accessed from a mobile device and display a set of simplified pages that can be used from most common mobile devices.
Escalations & Notifications
- Custom Data Designer allowing for customised data fields.
- Profiled Operator access and customised functionality.
- Streamlined creation of a solutions database to aid future help requests.
- Use the intuitive design tool available to administrators to add custom data items to records.
- Multi-lingual user interface.
- Send Email Notifications using fully customisable email templates.
- Automatic escalation of incident based on customer-specific rules.