The Number 1 software tool for 3D Text and Graphics!
Create stunning still and animated 3D headings, logos, animations and even 3D screensavers in seconds. Ideal for adding impact to your web pages and presentations, optimized for top on-screen quality. Avoids all the usual scary complexities of 3D software!
Xara 3D is so simple to use, literally anyone can produce high quality 3D graphics in minutes.
Both professional web designers and home users choose Xara 3D to make still and animated 3D text and graphics, such as logos, titles, headings and buttons. 3D graphics and animations are the perfect way to add impact to your website.
3D graphics and animations are the perfect way to add impact to your site - and we guarantee there’s no easier way to create them than Xara 3D!
3D Graphics Made Easy
With Xara3D’s clean design, intuitive tools, interactive editing (just drag on the image to change the position, the extrude or bevel) and ready made styles, you will create your first 3D graphics in minutes.
Whatever 3D Graphics you need
Ideal for onscreen 3D graphics or animations (AVIs or animated GIFs), wherever you need to catch your visitor’s attention - headings and titles, logos and buttons, sales and offer notices. Perfect for web pages, mailshots, newsletters, e-cards and presentations. And any animation can even be saved as a screensaver.
Xara has pioneered technology to create the highest quality onscreen results, with compact file sizes - ideal for web pages and presentations.
Traditional 3D programs are notoriously difficult to use and understand. Not so Xara3D. Unlike much modern 'bloatware' that offers more features than are ever likely to be used, and take an age to learn and understand, Xara3D has been created to perform one job, and performs that job with style, speed, and slick simplicity.
Xara3D is solely designed to create the highest quality 3D text and graphics, such as logos, titles, headings and buttons. It's the perfect way to add impact to your web pages, mailshots and presentations (all images are fully anti-aliased for that smooth, professional quality). Xara3D can also create awesome 3D animations in seconds - GIFs, AVIs and simple Flash movie sequences - and you can even enhance your desktop by saving any animation as a screensaver!
Creating and Importing
- Text headings can use any TrueType font. Nine fonts are included in the trial download and there are 60 on the CD. Simply select the font from the drop down menu and type away, you’ll create your first heading in seconds!
- Full text control, including alignment, sub- & superscript, line spacing, tracking and kerning values for individual characters or over whole selections
- Instant access to full character sets from within the text dialog.
- Create non-text headings by importing 2D graphics as Windows metafiles (WMF and EMF) or Corel XARA/Webster files (XAR and WEB) and extruding the outlines - the Webster drawing package is included free with Xara3D!
- An automatic design-making tool instantly converts any text heading into a button, board or board with holes.
- Full anti-aliasing for the best possible on-screen display quality.
Editing and Applying Special Effects
- Interactive control over the 3D extrude depth - simply click and drag on the image
- Unlimited undo makes experimentation easy
- Real-time 3D positioning around three axes by simply dragging the image on screen
- Areas of text can be selected, and different attributes such as bevel, color, fonts, textures, animation and text settings applied
- The Style Picker allows you to easily grab any or all of the settings of one image and apply them to another.
- A total of 27 different bevel types with adjustable bevel size.
- Interactive, easy-to-use lighting controls (three adjustable light arrows which can be dragged on-screen).
- Flexible interactive controls over the color and/or texture of every part of the image, and the background.
- A total of 37 textures are included in the download. You can also import your own GIF or PNG files
- Textures can be scaled, rotated and colored
- Images can be displayed with front and back faces, or can be made hollow
- Images can be matt or shiny
- Images can have a soft-edged shadow and an intuitive interface allows you to easily alter the shadow blur, transparency and color.
- Real-time solid shading with optional error-diffusion dithering for top quality results.
- Images can be animated in many different ways (see examples), such as Rotate, Fade, Pulsate, Step, Fade and Swing, using a simple interface
- The Animation Picker lets you easily copy the animation settings of one image to another
- Apply different animations to individual characters or sections of text
- Step-through multi-page animations of different images
- The number of frames in a sequence, the rotation direction, the speed, pause and number of loops can all be selected through simple controls
- An animation time line allows you to step through each frame, pause and export a single frame
- Lights and text can be rotated separately
- Great for creating animated buttons.
Exporting your results
- Outputs JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG (including full PNG alpha channel), ICO (icon), CUR (cursor), animated GIF, AVI and SWF (vector and bitmap)
- Any 3D animation can also be exported as a screensaver
- Optional background transparency
- Color reduction and palette-optimization for maximum quality with the smallest file size, ideal for web pages and presentations
- Complete control over the image size, including a handy Fit To Width feature (with pixel size shown on screen).
Webster 2 - included FREE
Webster 2 is the perfect companion to Xara3D. It means that you can use Webster 2 to create 2D shapes with the easy-to-use drawing tools - and then import them into Xara3D.
What shapes you make and how you use them is up to you. If you want you can even mix text with shapes in one image.
So, if you have a logo or other image that you want to make a 3D version of, you can do it with Webster 2 and Xara3D.
But you don't have to use Webster 2 with Xara3D - it is a fully-featured vector drawing package in its own right, so you can create any image you like.
- Microsoft Windows 98/Me/2000 SP2+/XP
- Pentium processor or better
- 64 Mb RAM
- 50 Mb available hard disk space
- 16-bit color graphics