You can point with Tracker, but how do you click?
The answer: MagicCursor 2000 - the leading software dwell clicking solution, provides universal mouse button functions through alternative means, such as dwelling or gesturing.
What is MagicCursor?
MagicCursor 2000 is for people who can't, or don't want to click the mouse button. It performs all the mouse button functions automatically through software. All you need to be able to do is point: MagicCursor automatically takes care of the rest. It is an ideal companion for the Tracker head operated mouse products. Instead of clicking the mouse button, simply dwell over the item you want to select. After a preset amount of time, MagicCursor will automatically perform the click for you.
How it works?
MagicCursor has three separate modes: Normal, Click/Drag, and Gesture. Each mode is more complicated to understand than the one before it, but in turn allows you to click faster. The first two modes are based simply on the concept of "dwelling", or pausing over the item you want to click on. The third mode requires "gestures", or movements of the cursor to be made in order to click.
In short, MagicCursor 2000 is a simple replacement for the functions of the mouse buttons. It can provide access to the computer for people who have the ability to point, but not click. MagicCursor has layers of sophistication, making it ideal for everyone from a beginner to an expert computer user.
MagicCursor 2000 is for people using a headpointer like Tracker who have difficulty using a standard mouse to supply mouse clicking functions. It is ideally suited for individuals with Quadriplegia, Cerebral Palsy, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, ALS, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome and any other disability where the user has little or no control of their hands to use a standard mouse.
Features and Benefits
- Floating, Sizable Toolbar: Floats above any window and allows you to change functions while in any program. Adjusts to three different sizes to accommodate different screen resolutions and eye sight requirements. Float can be turned off, for those who wish the toolbar to sink below the top window.
- Multiple Usage Modes: MagicCursor was designed with something for every one. From the most rudimentary clicking mode, Normal Mode, to the most cognitive mode, Gesture Mode. Each level of complexity allows for swifter use of the multiple clicking functions.
- Taskbar Docking (Invisible Mode): Allows you to dock the toolbar in the Taskbar Notification area and save screen space. A menu will popup when you drag the cursor over the Taskbar Icon, allowing you to change functions.
- Multiple Timer Displays: Accommodates a variety of visual and cognitive conditions.
- Scroll Mode: Allows the use of IntelliPoint's middle button Scroll function. This allows you to browse through multiple page documents without having to do more than a single click.
- Automatic and/or Adjustable Timers: Multiple, adjustable timers allow you to tie all timers to a function of Dwell time, or manually adjust any of the 4 different timers.
- Flip Cursor: With Windows, as you move your cursor to the right side and bottom of the screen, the cursor disappears off the side of the screen. Flip cursor insures the cursor is always in sight. This is especially handy for people who use Joystick mouse moving devices.
- Focus Avoidance: The Focus Avoidance of MagicCursor reduces the number of clicks required when changing Key functions. When you click on the function menu or Toolbar, the cursor focus is returned to the Window you were working on, without you having to click back into the window.
- Windows Compatibility: Works great with Windows 2000/XP/VISTA.
MAC OS X