Sophos Endpoint Security and Control offers a single solution for anti-virus and anti-spyware protection, client firewall, management of removable storage devices, unauthorized software and NAC, giving you the best preventive protection and endpoint assessment and control. A single license means you can protect all users and computers across Windows, Mac, Linux and other non-Windows platforms.
Fast and preventive protection
A unified single client blocks malware, adware, suspicious files and behavior, removable storage devices and unauthorized software such as IM, VoIP, P2P and games. Its fast scanning engine and built-in intrusion-prevention technologies detect new and zero-day threats without the need for a malware signature update. Preventive protection is delivered by integrated network access control functionality that ensures all computers connecting to the network meet your security standards.
Simplified and automated management
Our management console reduces administrative burden by automating the deployment of protection, and simplifying policy management and reporting. The dashboard provides instant visibility of the protection status across Windows, Mac and Linux platforms, and enables the centralized clean up of malware, and fixes non-compliant computers.
Every Sophos customer receives unlimited 24x7 technical support from in-house support experts. The global network of Sophos Labs researchers use pioneering detection technologies to protect businesses from known and emerging threats, such as malware, phishing and spam. Professional Services packages, delivered by experienced Sophos consultants, help to ensure that customers receive the maximum return on investment.
Faster, low-impact protection
One scan with our single anti-virus client detects viruses, spyware and adware, suspicious behavior and files, removable storage devices and unauthorized applications.
- Sophos updates are small in size and are released as frequently as every five minutes – an advantage for companies wanting fast protection with low impact on network resources.
- Decision Caching technology improves on-access scanning performance by intercepting and scanning only the files that have changed since last accessed.
- SophosLabs signatures control applications that can adversely impact network and user productivity, such as VoIP and IM.
Effective zero-day protection
Sophos HIPS, technology pioneered by SophosLabs, provides detection that automatically guards against new and targeted threats and can detect over 85 percent of unknown threats. The built-in intrusion-prevention technology detects malware, malicious and suspicious behavior and files, and delivers proactive protection without complex installation and configuration. Scanning is performed using Sophos’s anti-virus engine, without the need to deploy any additional components.
This innovative technology uniquely analyzes the behavior of code at two stages:
• Pre-execution – behavior of code is analyzed before it runs and is prevented from running if it is considered to be suspicious or malicious.
• Runtime – intercepts threats that cannot be detected before execution.
Preventive protection reduces risk of infection
By identifying managed and unmanaged computers with potential security flaws, like out-of-date anti-virus protection or a disabled firewall, you can reduce the risk of infection. You can choose to either block non-compliant computers or ensure that security is improved to meet a required standard before allowing access.
• Default policies check if anti-virus and client firewall protection is active and up to date on managed and unmanaged computers.
• Sophos NAC agent checks if Microsoft operating system service packs are installed, and that Microsoft/Windows Update is enabled.
• Enforcement options ensure that any unauthorized computers are not granted access to your network.
Simplifying deployment and administration
Sophos Enterprise Console simplifies management of Windows, Mac and Linux protection, centralizing deployment, updating, reporting and security policy enforcement. It manages antivirus and client firewall protection, and endpoint assessment and control, providing unrivalled visibility of the security status of your entire network.
• The console synchronizes with Active Directory to ensure your chosen security policy is automatically enforced as new computers join your network.
• Outbreak risk levels across the entire network are displayed on the security dashboard and automatic email alerts are sent when your chosen security thresholds are threatened.
• Protection is automatically updated as frequently as every five minutes – and because you control the download rate, you can preserve bandwidth.
• Endpoint computers can be completely disinfected in a single, simple operation from the console.
• ActivePolicies in the console allows you to create a policy once and then apply it across multiple groups, on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
• Policies cover updating schedules, anti-virus and HIPS, client firewall, application control and NAC.
• Integrated graphical reporting delivers instant and scheduled email reports of threat alerts and infections while the security dashboard gives you an at-a-glance report of outbreak risk.
Simple pricing and licensing
• A subscription-based license entitles you to protection, management and product updates, as well as technical support.
• Web Security and Control, Email Security and Control, and NAC Advanced services can all be included in one license.
ESX 3.0/Workstation 5.0/Server 1.0
»» Non-Windows platforms
Mac OS X/Linux**/UNIX**/NetApp
SOPHOS CLIENT FIREWALL
Vista/XP Pro or Home/2000 Pro
2003 Server/2000 Server/
2003 Server 64-bit
ESX 3.0/Workstation 5.0/Server 1.0
2003/2000 Pro or Server/XP Pro
ESX 3.0/Workstation 5.0/ Server
»» Mac OS X
Mac OS X
UNIX, NetWare and OpenVMS
NetApp Storage Systems