Spelling Rules is designed to help students improve spelling accuracy and master the fundamentals
For instance, forming plurals (adding s, adding es, f, fe and ves) and compound words, the "i" before "e" rule, capitalization, and many others.
Features and Benefits
- Students work with appropriate level words that follow common spelling patterns, as well as exceptions to the rules.
- The program covers material ranging from 1+1+1 to VAC words and allows students to improve their ability to spell correctly and accurately.
- Spelling Rules features 21 different rules in five levels with hundreds of graded questions. Each rule is presented first, with examples, type-in questions are given for that rule. Teachers may customize the program.
- Bilingual users can toggle freely between English and Spanish.
- School Versions and above include freely reproducible lesson plans and manipulative masters.
Minimum System Requirements:
Minumum System Requirements The program is provided on a Hybrid CD-ROM and will work on Windows 95, 98, 2000*, XP* and Macintosh platforms. Windows: Pentium II 166 Mhz, 32 MB of installed RAM, 256-color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution, 4x CD-ROM drive (higher recommended). Macintosh: Power PC or higher, 16 MB RAM, System 7.6.1 through OS X, 256-color monitor capable of 800x600 resolution, 4x CD-ROM (higher recommended). *2000 and XP as Power User or Administrator only
Spelling Rules from Optimum Resource