Limited Stock May Be Available, Call Us For Availability (800) 527-7638
Please Note: Pricing and availability are subject to change without notice.
IBM Lotus® Domino® combines security-rich messaging, calendar and scheduling capabilities with a robust platform for collaborative applications on a wide variety of operating systems. As a member of the IBM® Workplace™ family, Lotus Domino can help you improve the productivity of your people and enable them to share, manage and organize information more efficiently.
With Lotus Domino 7, IBM extends the reach of Lotus Domino messaging and collaboration solutions while continuing to leverage your IT and application investments. The new version offers capabilities to support more people with fewer servers, to simplify administration and to provide tighter integration with Web standards.
Increased scalability and performance -- Metrics from the IBM development lab (using NotesBench workloads) and statistics from the Lotus Domino 7 beta program show significantly enhanced scalability and performance.
· IBM Lotus Domino 7 uses up to 25 percent less CPU resources than the Lotus Domino 6.5 server.
· Lotus Domino 7 software can support up to 80 percent more Lotus Notes users or up to 50 percent more Lotus Domino Web Access users on the same server hardware
New diagnostic tools and autonomic capabilities
· Lotus Domino domain monitoring -- presents a single, feature-oriented view through which administrators can see the status of multiple servers across one or more domains; presents probable causes, offers possible solutions and displays correlated events.
· Activity trends feature -- provides powerful, predictive analysis tools to help administrators predict growth and sizing requirements.
· Expanded policy-based administration -- policies can be extended to cover mail and calendar settings stored in user mail files; administrators have the option to lock down settings for users who do not need to take advantage of a customized Lotus Notes or Lotus Domino Web Access user experience.
Security and anti-spam enhancements
· Security APIs -- application programming interfaces for manipulating secure e-mail
· Option to use 1024 bit RSA encryption keys and 128 bit symmetric keys for Lotus Notes remote procedure call (RPC) protocol
· Improvements to Lotus Notes ID management
· Expanded anti-spam features, including use of Domain name system (DNS) whitelists containing public lists of acceptable sources
Expanded interoperability and integration
· Native support for Web services -- can help you easily extend and integrate your applications with J2EE and Microsoft® .NET environments—often with less time and effort and using existing skills.
· Enhanced support for open standards -- makes it easy to integrate Lotus Domino solutions with other members of the IBM Workplace family, including IBM Workplace products and IBM WebSphere® Portal software.
· Option to use IBM DB2® Universal Database® as an alternative to Lotus Notes storage facility (NSF) for data storage -- enables organizations to consolidate their data within a common DB2 store and then integrate it with other applications, including IBM Workplace applications. Using complementary enhancements to IBM Lotus Domino Designer application development tool (a separate product), developers can easily build new applications that blend collaborative services with relational data using Structured Query Language (SQL).
Enhanced support for Linux - Lotus Domino 7 server offers a new Linux™ technology-based Web administration client that runs on a Mozilla browser. This allows you to implement an end-to-end messaging and collaboration solution based on Linux, using Lotus Domino 7 server on Linux for Intel or zSeries, Lotus Domino Web Access 7 client on Mozilla or Firefox for Linux, and the new Linux administration client.
Enhanced software deployment tools
Enhancements to the Lotus Notes Smart Upgrade feature help automate the installation and upgrade processes. Administrators are notified through a mail-in database whether the installation or upgrade was successful, delayed or unsuccessful. Other features include server cluster failover, which switches the Lotus Notes Smart Upgrade function to another server if the first is unavailable; a governor feature, which limits the number of upgrades per hour; and reporting capabilities that detail which users have upgraded to which versions.
Improved management of rooms and resources Lotus Domino 7 software continues to provide enterprise organizations with an effective way to manage conference rooms and meeting resources, such as audiovisual equipment. Improvements to the centralized rooms and resources database include:
· New Lotus Domino server task to eliminate over-bookings and increase efficiency and availability of rooms and resources.
· Simplified and streamlined templates to enhance the calendaring and scheduling user experience.
· Enhanced functionality that enables administrators to establish an end date for future reservations.
Customizable reminder notices for weekly and/or daily meetings or events.