Car Builder teaches principles involved in building aerodynamic, efficient and safe cars.
Sophisticated, yet easy to use, the award-winning Car Builder program appeals to children ages 8 and up, teenagers and adults who are fascinated by cars. Car Builder is a bilingual software product.
As "design engineers," users build cars on screen, specifying chassis length, wheelbase, engine type, transmission, fuel tank size, suspension, steering, tires and brakes.
All functional choices are interrelated and will affect the performance of the final design. Next, users design the body of the car, adding windows and decorative or functional touches.
The program then tests the car in a wind tunnel and around a test track, accumulating data about top speed, cornering ability, acceleration and braking. A complete evaluation report is displayed and users can adjust, alter, save and print designs for comparison against future creations.
It introduces users to computer-aided design (CAD), enhances problem-solving skills, and fosters an elementary knowledge of physics and automotive design.
Car designs and test results can be printed and stored for later use or modification. Lesson Plans and Supplemental Materials with School Versions and above.
- Award-winning, eye-catching, full color illustrations, animations, and graphics.
- Multiple track audio with correct pronunciation, encouragement and rewards.
- Timely navigational instructions.
- Teacher selectable music and audio controls.
- Teacher selectable auto-difficulty leveling.
- Classroom management - students can be identified by name in the program and the progress for each student is separately maintained for later reference by the teacher.
- With Macintosh and Windows versions on each CD-ROM, schools pay one price for both platforms for the life of the product release. This protects the school's software investment during the transition from a single hardware platform to a multiple platform environment.
Minimum System Requirements:
Will run on Windows 2000, XP, and Vista as well as Mac PowerPC or Intel machines with OS X 10.4 or higher. They install directly on the hard drive and after installation, the CD is no longer needed to run the program.