This series enables children to use the computer for independent research into a range of curriculum related topics. They read the information from talking books and then link to writing grids so they can write about what they have read. High quality real speech gives added support on both the reading and writing activities. Perfect for the reading strand throughout the literacy curriculum!
This resource lets you find out about the different parts of a plant. Learn about plant habitats and some of the ways that plants are used by people. Use the information about growth and reproduction to write about pollination, fertilization, and seed dispersal.
"Find Out" information is presented in three levels of difficulty, designed to meet the needs of children with a wide range of abilities.
- Book One/Level One - The information is presented in short sentences. The associated writing grids enable children to work with sentence beginnings and endings to recreate the sentences from each information page.
- Book Two/Level Two - The information pages contain flowing text, and the writing grids offer a wider choice of words. This enables students to construct their own sentences.
- Book Three/Level Three - This level includes more in-depth information. The writing grids offer sentence starters and word banks than enable students to write an extended piece of text. Students use the keyboard as well as the grid as they interpret and respond to the text.
Find Out and Write About Series
Packed with rich multimedia content that is perfect for both literacy and subject teaching
The unique Find Out and Write About series for Clicker provides a range of multimedia CDs ideal for literacy teaching. Early readers of all ages can research the non-fiction material and then use the associated writing grids to write about what they have learnt.
A Find Out and Write About CD-ROM contains an interactive talking book of non-fiction text. Children can read the text or click the `listen` button to hear it spoken. Children can also click on a word with the right-hand mouse button to hear it.
Each page of the book contains a link to a Clicker writing grid that relates directly to that page, so children can write about the information they have just learned. Children write by clicking on a word with the left-hand mouse button. Words are colour-coded to help writers compose sentences successfully.
Emergent, struggling and fluent readers can all use the resources, as the information is provided at three differentiated levels. At level 1 for example, students are given short sentences, which they can choose to have read to them. The writing grids, relating directly to each page, enable students to work with sentence beginnings and endings. By Level 3, there is flowing in-depth information and the writing grid enables the student to interpret and respond to the text using the grid to scaffold their writing.
- Content-rich resources for both literacy and subject teaching
- Differentiated for children of all ages
- Listen to all text as real speech
- Printed outcome for monitoring by the teacher
- Hugely motivating for all ability levels
- Fully switch accessible for students with physical disabilities
- Great for whole class teaching with a whiteboard or touchscreen monitors, as well as individual work