Time Limit Manager from Fortres Grand Corporation
Automatically Manages Users Computer Time!
Time Limit Manager allows the administrator to control the amount of time users spend on computers. Each user is allotted a specified amount of time determined by the administrator. Once the user's time expires, computer access is denied.
Time Limit Manager (TLM) consists of two separate components, the Admin TLM and the Client TLM. Each component is separate, but necessary to enforce the time and date restrictions determined by the administrator. The Admin TLM component allows administrators the ability to create a floppy disk encoded with time and date restrictions. The patrons then use the disk to load the predetermined amount of time onto any one of the publicly accessible computers running the client TLM component. If no time is allowed, the user cannot log on to the computer.
A time clock is displayed while the user is at the computer, allowing the user to see the time remaining. While working on the computer, the time clock is always visible. Two minutes prior to the time expiring, a warning screen recommends saving all work. When the time expires, the user is logged off the computer, and all programs are closed. The user also has the option of ending their session before the time expires, and saving any unused minutes for a later session.
The time disks are specific to your organization, so outside Time Limit Manager disks will not work on your computers. Only you can determine how much time a user is logged on the computer. Don't waste your time monitoring computer use. Install Time Limit Manager today.
New to Version 3.51
- Easily allocate public access computer time
- Limit session time through reservation tickets
- Simple reservation ticket system does not require any additional hardware or personnel
- Ticketless system option available upon setup
- Use with Clean Slate to clear unwanted changes between each user session providing a clean computer for the next user
- Reservation tickets can be printed individually or in any quantity
- Automatically stop computer use at, or prior to, library closing time
- Schedule computers to be unavailable by time of day
- TLM works well with public access security software such as Fortres 101, Clean Slate, & others
- Ideal for both library and home computers
- Remotely monitor the screen content of all public access computers identifying inappropriate use
- Instantly view and tally computer activity (in-use and idle) throughout your entire library.
At a glance
Supports Windows XP/2000
Windows 2000/2003 server (if managing more than five computers)
Promotes fair and appropriate use of public access computers
Allow different computer session duration for different times of the day
Automatically stop computer use at, or prior to, library closing time
Remotely monitor the screen content of all public access computers identifying inappropriate use
Easy installation will have you up and running in minutes
Using TLM, librarians no longer need to stroll around policing computer users
Your help desk will always know which computers are available and how much time is left for each active computer session, without leaving their post
Automatically closes all programs used by the previous user
TLM gives users a convenient countdown timer displaying their remaining time in the session
Librarians can remotely send messages warning patrons of inappropriate use