Mighty Math: Number Heroes (Content Only) Riverdeep Network Version Network
Develop upper elementary math skills!
Visit a math metropolis where friendly Number Heroes host four exciting activities that encourage students to learn and master skills in fractions, multiplication, division, 2D geometry, and more. Also develops investigation and experimentation abilities.
- Combined with Mighty Math Calculating Crew, both cover all major topics in the grades 3-6 math curriculum
- Students test their wits in math and logic in challenging games
- Watch Fractions Become a Blast - Identify, add, subtract, and multiply fractions to make brilliant and explosive fireworks with Fraction Man. This math superhero also does a bang-up job of teaching you to compare fractions, find equivalent fractions and convert decimals to fractions.
- Explore Probabilities with Handsome Chance - Read graphs and charts, predict outcomes and determine probability as you make action figures of Handsome Chance. Run the probability machine to test your hypotheses.
- Hands-on Geometry with GeoBot - Use the Geometry Computer to solve the GeoBot's challenging geometric brainteasers. You'll build geometric shapes and designs while mastering concepts such as perimeter, area, congruence, similarity, symmetry, rotation, and tessellations.
- Turn Math and Logic into Fun and Games - Star Brilliant, host of Quizzo, challenges you to test your wits in math and logic against wacky contestants or your own friends. Win by solving addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, analogy, shape identification, sorting, and sequencing problems.
- Special Features - Includes two unique calculators that display the steps required to solve a problem. They also convert between fractions and decimals, and simplify fractions.
- A pop-up Fact Book - offers you help with geometry terms and concepts. The Fact Book is part of the GeoComputer activity and can be used to help solve the GeoBot's geometric brainteasers.
- Mighty Math's unique Grow Slide feature automatically records your child's progress and adjusts to guide your child's learning. The activities in Number Heroes offer dozens of math topics and thousands of problems. Grow Slides help your child get the full benefit of the four years of math learning in every activity. As your child learns and progresses, the Grow Slides advance, offering more challenging problems. You or your child can also set the difficulty of each activity or choose a specific topic related to schoolwork.
- Problem Solving
- Addition & Subtraction
- Multiplication & Division
- Fractions (Add, Subtract & Multiply)
- Convert Decimals to Fractions
- Geometry (Angles, Perimeter, Area, Symmetry, etc.)
- Interpret Graphs & Charts
- Patterns & Logic
- Probability (Experiment, Predict & Evaluate)
This product contains Universal Access features including TouchWindow and Single Switch compatibility to address a variety of learning styles and abilities.
- School Editions will have two program CDs and one Teacher Resource CD.
- Lab Packs will have six program CDS and one Teacher Resource CD.
- Networks will have one Network CD, one Standalone CD, and one Teacher Resource CD.
- All packs will contain a printed Quickstart Guide.
- Teacher and User Guides in pdf format on a Teacher Resource CD.
- Flexible Site Licenses require a minimum of 25 CD (Workstation) purchase - per site.
WindowsHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Requires:
486/33MHz, Pentium or better
8 MB RAM
5 MB available disk space
SVGA, 640x480, 256 colors
Win-compatible sound card
MacintoshHoughton Mifflin Learning Technology Requires:
OS 7.0.1+, OS X (Classic)
68030/25MHz, 68040 or PowerPC
8 MB RAM
5 MB available disk space
640x480, 256 colors