Microsoft Windows Server 2011 Pricing
Microsoft Windows Server 2011
Designed and priced for small businesses, the Windows Small Business Server 2011 (Windows SBS 2011) solution suite offers agile, all-in-one, secure server solutions that can help increase margin per unit, create cross-sell opportunities, and drive service revenue:
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Standard (Windows SBS 2011 Standard) is the right server for small businesses that need a complete, on-premise solution with enterprise-class Windows server technologies for communication and collaboration.
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials (Windows SBS 2011 Essentials) is a new, easy-to-use, first-server solution designed and priced especially for small businesses (up to 25 users) that can seamlessly integrate into online services such as Office 365, cloud backup and cloud management solutions. It is expected to release in the first half of 2011.
- Windows Small Business Server 2011 Premium Add-on (Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on) is a powerful data management and analysis solution that includes a second Windows Server 2008 R2 license and SQL Server 2008 R2 technologies.
Windows SBS 2011 Standard and the Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on are now available through all Microsoft server licensing channels.
Designed and priced especially for small businesses with up to 75 users, Windows SBS 2011 Standard is a complete solution designed for customers who want enterprise-class technologies in an affordable, all-in-one suite.
Built on Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows SBS 2011 Standard includes Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 SP1, Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, and Windows Software Update Services.
Windows SBS 2011 Standard is a great opportunity for small businesses with prior versions of Windows SBS to upgrade their servers and to simultaneously take advantage of the advancements in security, reliability, and connectivity technology.
To make it easier to upgrade from prior versions, Windows SBS 2011 Standard software includes enhanced migration tools, extensive pre-migration checks, and prescriptive guidance.
The Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on is a powerful data management and analysis solution that includes Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard technologies and Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard Edition for Small Business.
Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on is available for both editions—Windows SBS 2011 Standard and Windows SBS 2011 Essentials.
The add-on gives small businesses the flexibility to purchase additional servers either up front or as needed.
With the Windows SBS 2011 Premium Add-on, your customers can:
- Run a vast number of line-of-business applications on an additional server
- Use rich analysis and reporting technologies to make more informed business decisions
- Access all the Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard technologies, including Hyper-V and Remote Desktop Services
What is Windows Home Server 2011?
Windows Home Server 2011 is designed to help families keep their files and data automatically backed up, organized, and accessible. Affordable and easy to use, it's available as a preinstalled solution. Use it to recover lost files, restore your PC, help keep your devices running smoothly and safely, and stream media files across your home network.
- Automatic, daily backups of all network PCs
- Easy, centralized PC maintenance and secure access to files across your home network
- Streaming of media files across your network
- Remote, online access to files and home-based PCs
- Extendable with add-ins and third-party apps
Help keep your files safe and all your devices running smoothly
With Windows Home Server 2011, you can:
- Perform daily backups of every computer on your network, including the server.
- Restore everything from individual lost files to entire PCs.
- Easily restore your entire server in the event of a critical disaster.
- Have your files and devices sit behind your firewall with strong password controls.
- Share what you want and keep the rest private.
- Monitor the condition and performance of each computer in your home.
- Keep antivirus and other protection software up to date.
Get your files in order and access them with ease
With Windows Home Server 2011 you can:
- Store all your photos, movies, and other files in a central location.
- Get to all these files from any computer on your home network.
- Stream shared photos, music, and videos on network devices.
- Enjoy a common music collection with your family.
- Watch smoothly streaming video, digitally recorded TV shows, and Silverlight-powered slide shows, both in and outside your home.
- Watch digitally recorded shows and movies on your TV via an Xbox 360 or other supported digital media receiver.
- Get to your home network remotely.
- Upload files to (and download from) shared folders on your home server via a secure, personalized URL.*
- Run programs, just as if you were sitting in front of your home computer.**
Other Microsoft networking technologies
Windows Home Server complements these Windows features:
- Windows HomeGroup makes it easy to connect two or more PCs running Windows 7 and automatically start sharing your printers, media, and document libraries with other people in your home. Windows Home Server helps you manage the network you set up with HomeGroup by providing a single, secure repository for shared files.
- Windows Media Center is an all-in-one entertainment platform that lets you watch TV and movies and listen to music right from your PC. Windows Home Server can extend the capacity of Windows Media Center by more easily making entertainment viewable on any device on your network.
* You may need to add services from your broadband provider to use the remote access features of Windows Home Server 2011. For example, you'll need certain ports to be open to use these features. Some broadband providers block certain ports for customers on some service plans. Also, some broadband providers' terms of service may limit or prohibit setting up and running of servers on their networks by some customers on some service plans. Make sure that your use of Windows Home Server 2011 features follows your broadband providers' terms of service. Please contact your broadband provider if you have questions about their terms of service.
** To connect to one of your home computers via Remote Access, your home computer needs to be properly configured and running one of the following operating systems: Windows XP Professional with Service Pack 3 (SP3); Windows Vista Ultimate, Windows Vista Business, or Windows Vista Enterprise; or Windows 7 Professional or Windows 7 Ultimate.
Windows MultiPoint Server is a great solution. With Windows MultiPoint Server, one host computer is shared by multiple users simultaneously, enabling schools to reduce overall costs 66% by saving on hardware, energy and maintenance. Schools can effectively triple the number of Windows computers without increasing budget.
Spend More Time Teaching and Learning
There’s nothing more important to a teacher than providing students with a personalized learning experience – not spending time on time-consuming, complicated technology. Teachers also need to be able to monitor student activity to ensure that computers are an effective learning tool in classrooms, libraries and labs.
Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 provides teachers and students with the latest and familiar Windows experience. And it gives teachers easy-to-use tools to orchestrate and manage students’ use of computers, to help students stay focused on their studies.
Gain a Fully Supported and Secure Solution
Schools need to ensure their systems are secure and working smoothly. Often, schools have few or no dedicated IT resources. Technology is dispersed throughout classrooms, libraries and labs as well as across several offices and buildings, making management especially difficult and time-consuming.
By providing schools with fewer physical computers and a single integrated point of management, Windows MultiPoint Server 2011 is much easier to manage and support. Simple setup and access to expert support by Microsoft and our authorized partners mean limited IT resources gain the confidence they need to manage resources effectively in a challenging environment.