Microsoft Licensing SPLA Pricing
Microsoft Licensing SPLA
Microsoft Software Licensing
Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA)
The Services Provider License Agreement (SPLA) enables service providers and ISVs with a hosted offering to license Microsoft products on a monthly basis to provide services and hosted applications to their end customers.
Microsoft Open License is a software licensing program designed for business, volume, government, charity and academic customers who order as few as five licenses.
- Significant discounts over full retail prices
- Opportunity to get the latest versions of Microsoft software through enrollment in Software Assurance
- Easier management of license portfolios with eOpen (electronic license tracking)
- Reorder minimum of one license
Open Business Overview
Receive a discount over estimated retail prices when you order five or more licenses for any combination of qualified Microsoft products. Continue to save at the same discount rate for all re-orders for two full years. There is no minimum re-order quantity.
Open Business 500+ Overview
Get savings on volume purchases when you achieve a minimum initial order of 500 points within a product pool -- applications, systems or servers. Generally, each license carries a unit value of one point. Like with Open Business, you qualify for the same discount as your initial order when you place additional orders.
Open Government Overview
The Government Open License program is designed to reduce the costs associated with acquiring, upgrading, maintaining and managing software by providing simple and flexible pricing. This licensing option is available to eligible small and midsize government entities. It's ideal for those who need to purchase smaller quantities of licenses and who need a simple and flexible model.
Open Charity Overview
The Charity Open License program allows nonprofit organizations to purchase multiple software licenses (instead of multiple software packages) at reduced prices. To qualify for Charity Open License, an organization must qualify as a charitable organization. Under the terms of the program, a charitable organization is defined as any entity described in Section 501(c)(3) of the United States Internal Revenue Code, except for (i) private foundations (as defined in Section 509 of the Code), (ii) any hospital, health care system or research laboratory, and (iii) any entity who is eligible to participate in the Microsoft Academic Open License program as an "eligible education customer" as that term is defined on the Microsoft Academic Open License Agreement in effect at the time your order was placed.
Open Academic Overview
Designed for education institutions of all sizes, Academic Open provides an easy way to acquire and administer multiple copies of software and receive license confirmations quickly and conveniently. With an initial order of just five or more licenses, you can obtain the most current Microsoft software products while managing overall costs and staying compliant.
- Budget Predictability: Ability to spread payment of License and Software Assurance reduces initial capital equirements and provides budget predictability.
- Business Edge: Enables you to build and maintain a flexible infrastructure able to respond rapidly to changing business needs.
- License Management Tools: Web-based tracking and management tools make it easier for you to administer licenses.
- Broad Reseller Base: Purchasing options and locations are widely available and can be accessed whenever and wherever your needs are best met.
How Open Value Works
Entry minimum: Five licenses and Software Assurance (Software Assurance is included with each acquisition under the Open License Value Agreement)
Entry minimum of Open Value Level C: 250+ desktops with a company-wide deployment on qualifying products
Term Length: Three-year agreement term and three-year renewal option
Pricing: Comparable to Open License Business
- Single price level
- Additional savings opportunities for Company-wide Option
- Resellers earn a referral fee of 10 percent based on Microsoft published ERP
- License and Software Assurance (L&SA)
- Windows Desktop Operating System Upgrade and Software Assurance
- Software Assurance only for renewals
- License-only SKUs not available
- The cost of L&SA may be spread annually
- Additional savings opportunity for Company-wide Option (L&SA for all desktops -- standardization)
Agreement Structure: Single agreement for ongoing license acquisitions