Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Pricing
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Built to deliver the enterprise-grade security and reliability that businesses require, Microsoft Exchange provides email, calendar and contacts on your PC, phone and web browser.
Support for a variety of browsers, including Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari and Chrome, allows you to work and collaborate no matter where you are
Mobile sync to hundreds of devices, including Windows Phone, iPhone, and Android, means you can access and update your info while on the go
Multi-layered anti-spam filtering with continuous updates helps guard against spam and phishing threats
A new, unified approach to high availability and disaster recovery helps your business achieve increased levels of reliability
Cost & Time Savings
With an architecture that enables dramatic cost savings in storage, Microsoft Exchange Server also delivers powerful features that save IT staff’s time while equipping users with the latest tools to increase their productivity.
- A greater choice of storage hardware options, including Direct Attached Storage and Storage Area Networks, and support for less expensive disks that can dramatically lower overall storage costs
- A new high availability, disaster recovery and backup solution reduces the cost of delivering business continuity
- Role-based access control, self-service capabilities, and web-based administration tools, allow you to delegate tasks to users without giving them full administrative rights. This reduces the burden on IT staff and lowers operational costs
- The built-in capabilities of Exchange ActiveSync allow you to avoid device management costs and support users on virtually any mobile device
With Exchange, users can access their mailboxes from wherever they go, with full support for Outlook, a premium web browser experience, and access from a wide range of mobile devices.
- More storage options make it possible to offer users low cost large mailboxes so they can access all their essential information in one place
- Calendar sharing allows users to share free/busy information with colleagues, even if they work at another company
- Email archiving, eDiscovery Search, retention policies, and legal hold to help you preserve and discover data
- Security policies let you create approved mobile device lists, enforce PIN lock, and remotely wipe data from lost phones.
- Choice of deployment options including Microsoft Exchange Server on-premises, Exchange Online in the cloud, and hybrid deployment options
What's New in Microsoft Exchange Server 2010
Protection and Compliance
Antispam and anti-virus protection
- Multiple integration points protect your data and messages
Server rules to protect business information
- Use alerts, block messages, or incorporate Information Rights Management (IRM)
Integrated archiving, retention, and discovery
- Automatic, searchable and legally compliant
Exchange 2010 makes it easier to protect both your data and messaging system. With Exchange 2010, you get:
- Automatic encryption at both the channel and message levels to help control access to data and ensure trusted communications both inside and outside the network
- Multi-layered anti-spam filtering comes with continuous updates to help guard against increasingly sophisticated spam and phishing threats
- To protect against malware, leading anti-virus solutions can be integrated throughout the Exchange 2010 network
- For premium protection, Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange and Forefront Protection 2010 for Microsoft Exchange Server offer multiple virus-scanning engines and multi-layered antispam protection for your online or on-premises email environment.
With Forefront Protection 2010 for Exchange and Forefront Online Protection for Exchange, Exchange 2010 is the only leading messaging solution to offer multiple scanning engines in a single solution. Multiple-engine scanning is proven to promote faster detection rates of new threats than single-engine solutions (AV-Test.org).
Leading anti-virus solutions including Forefront Protection 2010 can be integrated at both the SMTP and routing levels of the Edge and Transport servers. Solutions can also be installed directly on mailbox servers using the advanced Virus Scanning API (VS API). This helps to catch viruses that may have evaded scanning or entered the network via PCs or other devices without anti-virus software installed.
Each scanned message is stamped with an Anti-virus Transport Stamp in Exchange 2010 to ensure that if a message is scanned once at an Edge or Hub server it does not need to be scanned again later in the pipeline, making virus scanning more efficient.
Edge Transport rules
As a reactive defense mechanism, Edge Transport rules provide a layer of protection before anti-virus signature updates become available. Administrators can filter on known text patterns in malware carriers and drop the connection.
Mobile email with Exchange ActiveSync
- Over-the-air syncing of email, calendar and contacts on hundreds of compatible devices at no additional cost
Web-based email experience through Outlook Web App
- The same rich experience across all major browsers
Voicemail with a unified inbox
- Enhanced with text preview for faster triage and notification
Manage inbox overload
- Conversation view eases Inbox navigation through grouped messages
- Mail Tips warn users and help avoid undelivered/misdirected e-mail
Mobile Email with Exchange Active Sync
Exchange 2010 supports a comprehensive mobile experience delivered by Exchange ActiveSync:
- A truly universal inbox on your mobile device that can includes email, voicemail, rights-protected messages, calendar requests, RSS feeds, saved instant message conversations, and more
- Over-the-air sync on hundreds of compatible devices so email, contacts, and calendar are always up to date
- Greater control over device access with policy support and allow/block/quarantine lists, including exceptions down to the individual user level
- No need to purchase or manage a separate system or buy additional licenses for mobile access — it's all included with Exchange 2010
Microsoft has also created the Exchange ActiveSync logo program to ensure that customers and IT pros have a seamless experience with setup, support, and use of qualified devices. More details about the program can be found on TechNet.
Upgrading your email functionality doesn’t require you to update your phones. All the latest features of Exchange are available to any mobile device running Windows Mobile 6.1 or Windows Phone 6.5. Users of Exchange 2010 can download an update to Outlook Mobile enabling their existing devices to take advantage of all the benefits in the latest version of Exchange ActiveSync.
Allow, block, and quarantine control
Administrators can control which phones can connect to Exchange by creating block/allow lists for devices that connect using Exchange ActiveSync. Using a Web-based interface, IT Administrators can create approved device lists for their organization as well as block any particular device they believe should not be allowed. They can also set exceptions at the individual level. Any devices not listed in the block or allow lists can be quarantined, enabling administrators to decide later if they should be allowed to connect. In Exchange 2010 SP1, a new Web-based user interface makes administering this feature easier. A new, customizable quarantine email allows administrators to explain to users why their device has been quarantined.
Rights Protected Managing
More and more confidential information is being sent through email. Information Rights Management (IRM) protection allows users and administrators to control who sees messages and what can be done with them, even after the messages have been sent. All IRM policies are available through Exchange ActiveSync, meaning IRM protection can be used even when users are not at their desktop computers. .
Outlook Web App in Microsoft Exchange
Exchange 2010 and Microsoft Outlook Web App deliver a rich, familiar web-based email experience that allows you to:
- Access email, voicemail, instant messages, and SMS text messages directly from your inbox using any of the major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, and Chrome)
- Use Conversation View to see messages in context, making it easier to manage email more efficiently and reduce inbox overload
- Share your calendar with colleagues both inside and outside the organization
- Check other users’ availability with the presence indicator and choose the best mode of communication—email, instant message, or SMS
Flexible and Reliable
Manage Exchange organization
- GUI-based Exchange Management Console
Robust and flexible command-Line tools
- Reduced complexity through Power Shell scripting
Large low-cost mailboxes
- Support for larger mailboxes while deploying less expensive storage.
- Role-based administration and user self-service Web-based management
Mailbox resiliency at the individual database level
- Database Availability Groups (DAG) bring higher uptime
Email Management Tools in Exchange.
Exchange 2010 provides new tools and management approaches that give users more control and make your help desk more efficient. With Exchange 2010, you can:
- Delegate permissions to responsible users based on job function without giving them access to the entire Exchange management interface. Tasks such as performing multi-mailbox searches no longer have to be the sole responsibility of IT
- Empower users to manage distribution lists, track messages, and edit personal information—tasks that represent a significant percentage of help desk calls in many organizations
- Manage the Exchange environment remotely using the new Web-based Exchange Control Panel (ECP), or the improved PowerShell 2.0, also known as Remote PowerShell