Microsoft Data Protection Manager Licensing Pricing
Microsoft Data Protection Manager Licensing
Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2010 is part of the System Center family of management products from Microsoft. It delivers unified data protection for Windows servers such as SQL Server, Exchange, SharePoint, Virtualization and file servers -- as well as Windows desktops and laptops.
- New in 2010 is the ability for roaming laptops to get centrally managed policies around desktop protection.
- Your laptop data will be protected whether you are connected to the corporate network or travelling on an airplane.
- DPM also provides native site-to-site replication for Disaster Recovery to either another DPM server or an off-site cloud provider.
- Centrally managed System State and Bare Metal Recovery are also new in DPM 2010.
DPM seamlessly uses disk, tape, and cloud-based repositories to deliver an easy-to-use and best-of-breed backup and recovery solution for Windows environments from Microsoft. Windows customers of all sizes can rely on Microsoft to provide a scalable and manageable protection solution that is cost-effective, secure, and reliable.
DPM 2007 SP1
Database administrators, e-mail managers, and other IT implementers and developers are looking for a better way to protect and recover data from key business applications like SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Windows SharePoint Services or file shares on Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008. Microsoft has heard from our customers and partners and delivered a complete solution with System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2007.
This is the first of three sessions covering System Center Data Protection Manager 2007. In this session, we provide an overview of DPM 2007, including demonstrations of primary workload protection—Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange, Office SharePoint Server, and Microsoft Virtual Server—using both near continuous protection to disk and long term archival to tape. Specifically, we will spend most of the time in demonstration:
- Installing the DPM Server
- Configuring the DPM Server disk and tape
- Deploying DPM agents from the administration console
- Setting up Data Protection
- Recovering Data
System Center Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2007
Data Protection Manager 2007 is a member of the Microsoft System Center family of management products, which are designed to help IT Professionals manage their Windows Server infrastructure. DPM 2007 sets a new standard for Windows backup and recovery—delivering continuous data protection for Microsoft application and file servers to a seamlessly integrated secondary disk and tape solution on the DPM server. DPM enables rapid and reliable recovery through advanced technology for enterprises of all sizes.
Microsoft designed DPM 2007 to provide the best backup and most reliable restore for Windows Server applications.
Focused on the primary Microsoft server workloads, DPM 2007 was specifically built to protect and recover SQL Server, Microsoft Exchange Server, SharePoint Portal Server, Microsoft Virtual Server, as well as Windows file services. In addition, DPM 2007 blends the best aspects of continuous data protection (CDP) with traditional tape backup.
Protection and Recovery for Microsoft Applications
DPM 2007 continuously protects the core Microsoft server workloads to a DPM server or appliance, which then provides disk-based recovery and tape-based, long-term archival storage for a complete data protection and recovery solution.
Setting a New Standard for Data Protection in Windows Environments
- Continuous Data Protection for Windows Application and File Servers. DPM protects core Windows Server workloads by continuously capturing data changes with application-aware byte-level agents, providing an easy-to-manage and robust disk/tape back-end platform, and one-click lossless application recovery.
- Rapid and Reliable Recovery. DPM enables IT administrators and end-users to easily recover data in minutes from easily accessible disk instead of locating and restoring from less-reliable tapes.
- Advanced Technology for Enterprises of All Sizes. DPM brings together the best aspects of CDP real-time protection with traditional tape backup/restore to provide a comprehensive disk-to-disk-to-tape data recovery solution. Combined with Microsoft Windows Server technology, DPM 2007 provides a technically advanced and comprehensive data protection solution for the most demanding Windows environments—from the SMB to the Enterprise.
Maximizing Protection of Microsoft Workloads with Microsoft Backup and Recovery
DPM 2007 is designed for the application stakeholder, a SQL or Exchange Administrator, or an IT generalist, and uses wizards and workflows to help ensure that you can protect your data—without requiring an advanced degree, training, or certification in storage and backup technologies.
DPM 2007 presents the data to be protected in the same context as users access it. This empowers SQL Server administrators to select databases or Exchange managers to choose Storage Groups. SharePoint farms, Virtual Server guest machines, and Windows Server file shares are all selectable—with DPM then determining the files and components to protect.